Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent been on here in a while, but last time i was, I introduced myself, I have a 99 baseline sedan, (vulcan 3.0) and it had 16k miles when i first joined the forum

It now has a little over 25k (perhaps even 26, dont remember off the top of my head)

My question is, can anyone on the forum beat that or come close? Always interested to see some low mileage examples out there :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
379k on a 98 tec lol!
NICE!! I was just gonna inquire about who might have the most miles. That makes me happy cause I plan on keeping my 96 Gl for a lllllooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggggg time. I know its got a vulcan and not a tec but still.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hard to find a Taurus with low miles, as most are used as work a day cars. I have 117k on my '07. I'm getting rid of it in the next year or two before the problems start. So far it's been very reliable, and never left me stranded. I did spot a '95 Taurus LX for sale locally by private party, it had only 43k, and it looked almost new inside and out, and the leather didn't have any cracks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My '94 has low miles for its age: 124,3xx

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
My mom's 2000 Taurus has 21,000 miles on it right now (and that's no bull!!) :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife's 1992 Taurus has about 140k, about 70k in USA and 70k in Russia.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
My Daughter's car has low miles for it's age. See signature...

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
My 91 LX has about 77,000 miles on it.....

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Clearly, no one has beaten godeepgts11's "record" yet, which is just around 2000 miles per year.. (I assume the 99 model was sold in late 1998).

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
My car is low mileage by "average" standards (99SE, 67K), but I am a little disappointed. Most suspension and steering components have gone bad or will go bad some time soon. I think the cumulative repair cost soon will definitely eclipse the cost of AX4N rebuild (which still works fine).

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
My '93 has only had around 5000 miles since the engine/trans swap, three years ago. My '03 has roughly 56,000 miles.

And unless someone knows different Scott is the only one I know that has a completely original SHO(non rebuilt engine/trans) with over 400,000 miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
sorry this took so long to respond, been quite busy lately... but i FINALLY got around to snapping a picture of the odo as it stands, please pardon the dirtyness of the car, its my daily (and a PERFECT daily at that) and with the 3.5 feet of snow we have gotten in the past 2 weeks its tough to clean her

Engine: not as clean as id like, but no ones going to be looking under there anyways

1 - 20 of 41 Posts