Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D need help with deciding how much to lower my car i was thinking lowering it by 1.4'' but was wondering if that would be enough or if it will be to much can i see some pics of cars that have been lower by the amount im thinkin or been lower more :unsure:

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts

my gen 4 sable with eibachs and kybs it sits pretty nice now could be a little lower in the front but i didnt do a full strut tab mod

·
Registered
230 Posts
These pictures make me excited to get my eibachs and order my koni's!:D

·
Registered
119 Posts
You don't have much in the way of options for springs, your only lowering option is Eibachs: SHO Source
[/b]
Or as my grandpa who used to own my Sable said, "Use sandbags." :rofl2:

·
Registered
681 Posts

Paul do you have a splitter on the side there?

Konis use the stock G3 strut housing so realistically there should be no change in height from stock struts with lowering springs. They offer no up or down adjustment, just stiffness. Mine is done with stock mounting points. I don't know if Paul ever put Konis on the back or not, but he did have the SARCs with the tab mod in the back last I heard.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Konis only in the front. The back is stock height IIRC but I have the Eibachs back there.

Yes I have side air deflectors.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Notice any difference with the deflectors?

Any reason as to why you don't have the Konis on the back too?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I'm cheap. The rear SARC struts were fairly new and I don't have any complaints how the rear sits or handles.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm cheap. The rear SARC struts were fairly new and I don't have any complaints how the rear sits or handles.
[/b]
Ha. Good enough reason for me. My rears were shot thus the reasoning for the new equipment. The rear plants now though. It's rediculous how much of a difference it is. Used to slide around a good bit now even with skinnier tires its more planted.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Did it help with lift in the rear when you get on the brakes hard?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Did it help with lift in the rear when you get on the brakes hard?
[/b]
It helps with weight transfer in every way. It may just have been the worn out stuff but the car bites harder under accel and decel. I felt like I was dragging the nose when I braked, but now it feels flat.

·
Registered
42 Posts
:D need help with deciding how much to lower my car i was thinking lowering it by 1.4'' but was wondering if that would be enough or if it will be to much can i see some pics of cars that have been lower by the amount im thinkin or been lower more :unsure:
[/b]
An easy route is to get lower profile tires. I went from a 205/65R15 to a 225/50R15 and it's low enough that when a shop drives it up onto thier lift it scraps the ground. It's quite noticably lower, about an inch. You also get a little more acceleration with the small diameter tire.

I'll be going back to the original size for my next tire selection.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
My 97 SHO with Eibachs:

[/b]

What a HEAP

Mike
:rolleyes:

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
An easy route is to get lower profile tires. I went from a 205/65R15 to a 225/50R15 and it's low enough that when a shop drives it up onto thier lift it scraps the ground. It's quite noticably lower, about an inch. You also get a little more acceleration with the small diameter tire.

I'll be going back to the original size for my next tire selection.
[/b][/quote]

What about the horrendous wheel gap

Mike
:dunno:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts