Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im pickin up a 94 mtx sho wit 134k on the clock im looking at new struts/springs the only springs ive found are intrax and eibach and for struts can u use tokico ??? need some help gonna be the first car i ive ever lowered kinda a novice.............had a prelude full mac'd out engine swap 5 spd swapped i/h/e/ecu never done suspension though gonna be riding on stock slicers umm should i get like wheel spacers so i doesnt have that idk pushed in wheel kinda look like hondas lowered with stock wheels. if anyone has pics of a lower tauri plz post them up :p

sry rolled with the hondas a lil after my last taurus....honda guys do wierd things like paint their grills blue and swap parts from 82 accords into their 99 teggy ahhaha

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...&i=60737459 pic of my lude rolled now some guy in a junkyard is getting a fresh jdm engine wit 60k on it :(

·
Registered
799 Posts
Tokicos are no longer available new, your only option there would be to find a used set.

Current popular lowering setups:

Eibachs/Monroe Sensatracs, works well for a daily driver, comfortable ride, no pogo stick effect from lowering/improper dampening by struts.

Eibachs/Koni inserts, the Koni's add adjustability for a firm or soft ride depending on your preference. A great combo, but Koni's are pricey and require modifying stock strut housings to install. Easy to do, if you have the tools etc.

Intrax/Koni inserts, again, Koni's are pricey, but they're the only good option for use with the Intrax springs. I've driven a few cars with this setup, and experienced the pogo effect even with the Koni's at full firm, and I also felt it gave a crappy ride. IMHO of course, others may like the ride and not mind the pogo effect.

I'm not sure if anyone else is running the setup that I currently am, but I am very pleased with the ride and handling. A good compromise for a daily driver, not too harsh, but firm enough for some playing around on twisty roads.

I am running:

Eibachs/Sachs SHO-specific struts. AFAIK, the Sachs struts are the only SHO specific (as in they have separate part numbers than a non-SHO) struts available currently. Ford no longer offers SHO specific struts.

Part numbers for the Sachs struts (SHO specific) are 030045 for the fronts, and 030046 for the rears. Rock Auto carries both sets, however I was able to find my front set on Ebay for substantially less than RA's pricing.

You may not find the Sachs listed by looking under the SHO category, do a part number search and they will come up though.

That was a nice looking Prelude, not overdone or riced out to hell!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THX u soooooo much for your input now i kno what im goin to get, yea i like my cars modded but clean otherwise y mod right? i miss my lude quick shifting was smooth and effortless rolled it avoiding a deer i dont wish anyone to roll a car almost died if it would have rolled one more time i wouldnt be talking

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
We have most of the suspension stuff you need: SHO Source

Intrax is no longer making springs for the SHO, so good luck finding them. Stay away from KYB if you are lowering.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Eibachs/Monroe sensatrac

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
o dam thats a hot gen 4 thats the look i want right there perfection noted no kyb hey loudsho i noticed u guys are based in Vancouver,wa is that true cause thats fantastic cause im in everett what kind of wheels are those they are hottness

1 - 7 of 7 Posts