Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who sells lowering springs for a 92 taurus lx. i want to lower it 3 inch in front and 2.5 in rear.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i found one the other day that goes 2.25 both front and rear. i forget where though.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Hmm, I wish I could put a lift on mine! I like to go down jeep trails when my GPS tells me to. (It usually doesn't tell me until it's too late to turn back.)

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
i found one the other day that goes 2.25 both front and rear. i forget where though.
I have not seen a kit that can do it, I would be interested to see. If it is for the wagon it will not fit.

what is needed to lower a 2nd gen taurus.
You need the Intrax or B&G springs we sell Monroe or Koni struts and mounts. If you want go lower, you need coilovers.

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
I got about three inches of drop out in my 90. Doing the strut tab mod in conjunction with the lowering springs I bought back in the day from canuck motorsport. Definitely made the stance nicer, but it really sucks smashing the subframe off of speedbumps if you approach to quickly before realizing you need to slow down.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
strut tab mod? do you have pics of this mod or even a web link.??

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
You pull out the pinch bolt and slide the strut up or down in the knuckle and clamp back together. That is the strut tab mod.

If you drop 3" you may face other problems especially with saggy springs.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks loudsho92 for that definition. ive looked on here but havent really found what you just gave me.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
It is a simple procedure. The front only has about of 1" of drop though.

With the age of the car it would be better to replace the springs as the springs sag a bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts