Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 96 Duratec has a rusted steel coolant elbow and I want to replace it. It is located below the water pump. I have not been able to locate one on line or at my local parts store. Am I stuck with the Ford Dealer or a bone yard? Does anyone know where i can get one? Also, What is it typically called.?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
i need one too but i hear they are very expensive i am going to see if i can make one or find a way to coat it really good before it does break

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
It's a $250 part. $5 worth of radiator hose and zip ties is all you need. OR if you want to get fancy, bend some copper pipe to the right shape and go from there.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is outragous. I am going to the bonyard. I maybe able to paint it with Por-15. But i am not sure if it will take the heat.

I just need the steel pipe. Copper is a good idea. Just need to match the correct diameter. the bend radius seems tight relatively tight.

interested to know how others may have dealt with such an issue.

Thanks.

QUOTE (dark_fire @ Jun 25 2009, 02:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=735057
It's a $250 part. $5 worth of radiator hose and zip ties is all you need. OR if you want to get fancy, bend some copper pipe to the right shape and go from there.[/b]

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
POR 15 will take the heat. Needs to be well prepped though.

You could sweat some copper fittings together maybe?

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I'd think a guy could make a couple of strategic cuts on the existing pipe and use silicone radiator hose to create the part for less or bend copper and create the part for less than $60.

Copper is pretty easy to bend and you can rent or buy a copper pipe bender for cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts