Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want my Taurus to sit little bit lower and also be stiffer. I'd like to know the cheapest solution and how much do I need to spend on that. I'm a total newbie when it comes to suspension :oops:

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
eibachs are pretty much your only option until the intrax come around. and they have been discontinued and could be a bit hard to find.

·
Registered
562 Posts
for cheap on the rear you could use cargo coils for the stiffness then the strut tab mod to lower it. now sure on the front.

·
Registered
214 Posts
eibachs are pretty much your only option until the intrax come around. and they have been discontinued and could be a bit hard to find.
ditto.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
I was just thinking this they other day has selex even sold more than 5 coilovers kits? I was looking at the $2000 price tag and laughing

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Yes actually we have sold a kit with another order coming soon.

If you guys want it and can get enough orders together the price can drop but if you just want to sit and laugh then nothing happens and no parts get made.

We might try for a Gen3 kit later like the Gen3 but we need to make sure we get the Gen 1/2 right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Eibach spring availability and application

I have seen The Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs 3572.140 for the 1996-2000 Taurus still advertised on some sites. Will these fit the later models (2002-2003) Taurus, as well?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I have seen The Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs 3572.140 for the 1996-2000 Taurus still advertised on some sites. Will these fit the later models (2002-2003) Taurus, as well?
Yes but many list them and do not have them in stock. Make sure they physically have them.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Stiffer:

ALSFBs
Energy Suspension Parts
Bigger sway bars

I can get the list of ES parts I used on mine if you like

·
Registered
66 Posts
Stiffer:

ALSFBs
Energy Suspension Parts
Bigger sway bars

I can get the list of ES parts I used on mine if you like
I would not put polyurethane on any of my cars, track or street. It's garbage. Polyurethane binds and needs to have zerk fittings to be properly greased all the time.

I went from polyurethane to sphericals on my car and my car not only worked better hell it was more comfy HAHA... as the suspension was doing its job and not binding... the same rule applies to any car including a taurus. Sure it makes everything 'feel tighter' but its an illusion in the sense that what's happenign is the suspension is just binding ****** all over the place.

·
Registered
619 Posts
The black version is graphite impregnated and alleviates the need to grease frequently.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts