Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They're on strike, but haven't made any demands. A/C is broken, so I can't test to see if they come on with A/C. I changed the CCRM, and I changed the resistor. The high-speeds come on when it's nearing the H, but the low's never kick in. Any thoughts? And how bad is it if it frequently approaches the top?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
High speed comes on ~225F. Low speed should come on ~215F.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My gauge just has an H at the top, no number read-outs. Before my engine swap & fan failure, it would stay right in the center of the gauge, maybe a degree or two over center. Now it's maybe 3 or 4 degrees below the top line on the gauge. (Angle degrees, not temp.) I don't have an overheating problem, because if I'm driving at any speed over 25, it's fine. It just cooks at idle, or a high load <40. Maybe the temp sender's just reading off?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Is it getting 12v at the fan connector when it should come on?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
If you have the AC on the high speed fans should come on at idle.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The high-speeds work. I had them running on a rocker switch for the past couple of months while I tracked down a CCRM that didn't cost $200 from the stealership. The AC is smashed and isn't connected. I can try flipping it on to see if it'll send a signal to the PCM, but I'm not sure. I'll try testing all the wires & seeing where the break is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts