Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I have my temp. control knob to heat, there is significantly reduced airflow. It gets very hot, it just doesn't have the same airflow as on cold. Is this normal?

·
Registered
332 Posts
When I have my temp. control knob to heat, there is significantly reduced airflow. It gets very hot, it just doesn't have the same airflow as on cold. Is this normal?
[/b]

My friends Gallant having same issue, is inspected by dealer today, and cause is blocked Heater core.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Ya, sounds like the heater core is blocked, maybe by paper or some other debris. When the temp is set to cold, the heater core is bypassed by the air, but as you move it more towards hot, more and more air goes thru the heater core, until at full hot, all air goes thru it. So if the airflow decreases as you increase the temp, then something is restricting airflow thru the heater core.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Ya, sounds like the heater core is blocked, maybe by paper or some other debris. When the temp is set to cold, the heater core is bypassed by the air, but as you move it more towards hot, more and more air goes thru the heater core, until at full hot, all air goes thru it. So if the airflow decreases as you increase the temp, then something is restricting airflow thru the heater core.
[/b]
Is that how they make it so the floor vents put out hotter air than the dash vents when that mix option is on?
I always wondered how they did that (personally because it annoys the hell out of me!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts