Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
I got everything put back together but the car is running rough. Rough idle noticable when in drive and reverse though not as bad in park. Smell of gas is stronger now though there are no leaks.

I guess this means the valve isn't sealing well?
Is the check engine light on?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Nope. I have a feeling there is a leaking injector or something though I know the light may be faulty, but no dice getting someone with a code reader to my house.

I did rent a fuel pressure gauge and am currently checking for leaking injectors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
UPDATE:

I've tested the fuel pressure and read a slow climb to 30-32 psi with no reaction at WOT.

Would this indicate a fuel pump issue or are the injectors the issue. I guess checking pressure at the fuel filter would factor that out. Thoughts?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
UPDATE:

I've tested the fuel pressure and read a slow climb to 30-32 psi with no reaction at WOT.

Additionally, I pulled the electrical connector off of the #5 injector (far left one on front top of engine) and saw no lowering of the rpm's. This is the same cylinder that I just fixed the valve spring on earlier today.

Weird thing is - I can't get a fuel pressure reading anymore after the first reading. Would the Schroeder valve be faulty because the other parts of the engine are running just fine? I do get a small spray of fuel when I disconnect it the gauge. Autozone informed me that it was brand new after returning the first one I rented. I'm starting to think the first gauge wasn't broken because I'm getting the same behavior with the second one now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
UPDATE:

After Sheila mentioned my error on the #5 cyl. - I went and checked my work from when I changed the spark plugs. That was the problem.

I guess it's the little things. the #6 and #5 wires were switched. You rock guys. thanks for the help!

Car is running good and runs very happy. We'll see after it has been sitting and I test again in the morning but all seems well now.

·
Registered
22,438 Posts
Looking from the front bumper: Starting at the rear (firewall) pass. side l to r: 1-2-3. Starting at the front (radiator) pass. side l to r: 4-5-6.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Take the spring off with compressed air in cylinder, spin the valve while pulling up on it, it might be carbon build up, afterwards put everything back and spray seafoam intake cleaner in it(follow instructions on can) if it doesn't work, then put a good lighted peep camera into spark plug hole to inspect for piston damage, valve might have damaged piston when spring failed, do a compression test, hope this helps

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,750 Posts
#try matches
Welcome to the forum. Please be careful when posting. You're responding to a ten-year-old thread, the last post to which was seven years ago telling us the problem was solved.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
10 Participants
Lgbpop
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing