Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed a set of H.I.D head lights and when they're on i get a lot of static through the radio. it only happens when listening to the radio like its not getting good signal. as soon as i shut off the lights the static goes away. i have done the mod with RCA plugs sliced into the tape deck and when i use my tape deck to listen to music there's no static. i really don't know whats wrong with it cause my friend hooked his up the same way i did (same kit different bulb size) and he don't get any static. i hooked the power to the battery along with the negative to the negative battery cable just like he did so i don't know. please help.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I have the same issue on my 1997 GL with the DDM Slim HID kit, And i have an aftermarket Pioneer Premier head unit. - I still can't figure out why either.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Its a grounding issue. Do the big 3.

If not then its some weird kind of interference issue, but I stand by the need for a grounding upgrade on Taurus automobiles.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Are you guys using a relay harness or just plugging them up to the headlight harness? If not using a relay harness, buy one, I'm 90% sure that would solve all of your problems.

·
Registered
260 Posts
A relay harness connects to the battery and provides all the power to the ballast from there using heavier wire instead relying on the factory headlight wires. It uses one of the headlight harnesses(the one on the drivers side in our case) as a switch to turn on the relay that activates the ballasts. With this harness the grounds are much shorter and using heavier wire and puts no strain on the factory wiring for the ballast start up and does not make your ballast rely on a thin long ground.
HID wiring harness from DDM Tuning

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well the only thing the original harness is doing is providing signal for a relay to send power from the battery to the ballasts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts