Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my keys and need to get my 1996 Taurus station wagon on a trailer. How can I unlock the steering whee and get it into neutral without the key

·
Registered
410 Posts
I am sorry I don't have a better answer. How do the repossession people do this? They would most likely not have the keys. I don't know how much it would cost but most cars come with key codes. I believe a dealer can cut new keys from the key codes. Not sure how this works if the car has a passive anti theft system. Good luck.

Scott

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
I am sorry I don't have a better answer. How do the repossession people do this? They would most likely not have the keys. I don't know how much it would cost but most cars come with key codes. I believe a dealer can cut new keys from the key codes. Not sure how this works if the car has a passive anti theft system. Good luck.

Scott
I believe they put dollies under the wheels to get it up on a trailer or use a tow truck and lift the front wheels and tow on back wheels.

·
Super Moderator
8,432 Posts
^^^^ Agreed.

If you really want to put the car in neutral, you can disconnect the shift cable at the MVLP / TRS at the tranny and manually move the tranny to the neutral position.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts