Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently found out the the right hand side floor mats are missing my G3 Taurus. I must have left them at a self-service car wash a more than month ago. What are my best options for replacing them?

Given that it took me about one month to notice this, I take it that floor mats is not the item that I spend a whole lot of time looking at. I will accept as a replacement anything that blends in with the floor color (my car's exterior color is Light Prairie Tan Metallic, and the interior is trying to match that). I have been at Advanced Auto Parts and they had several "generic" floor mats that blend with my colors pretty well, though their size and shape, while compatible, were different from stock. They were really cheap though. I'll probably by those if I don't find anything better. Has anyone had experience with floor mats from different vendors? I see you can buy them on the web as well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My used T. came w/ mis-fitted/matched rug frt. mats. My choice as soon as I get a good deal will be the heavy rubber Michelin mats. Here, in the wet/snow, I can't see using cloth mats.

·
Registered
191 Posts
For carpet mats local junk yard works the best and it is the cheapest option (paid $10 cash for four mats), shampooed them - good as new.

For the Winter mats I picked up two for the front at Wal-Mart at $10 each. They're Pants Saver brand and were available in different colors: Beige, Grey and Black. Have not tried them for fit yet, but they can be bit trimmed around the edges.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today I visited Advance Auto Parts, AutoZone, and O'Reilly parts and tried at least two regular (non-winter) floor mat sets at each location. Fortunately, they're within a block from each other. It's hard to find a perfect fit in terms of shape. I settled on AutoZone's AZ1214-TAN part. The front mats fit in g3 Taurus almost perfectly. The rear square replacements are exactly the size of the originals. They also had grey and black replacements. $20 for the set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts