Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After adding 4 quarts of oil to my 1999 Ford Taurus last week I noticed I lost most of it already. Would this be the oil pressure sensor or something else?

·
Registered
198 Posts
i would think main seals in the oil pan. my wife had a ford windstar and that what was wrong it left oil everywhere til it spun a bearing and seized up. it was a awsome 02 though and now its junk.

·
Banned
323 Posts
The main seal is not in the oil pan.

I suggest you read about how and where parts of the engine and car are and go together.

·
Banned
323 Posts
After adding 4 quarts of oil to my 1999 Ford Taurus last week I noticed I lost most of it already. Would this be the oil pressure sensor or something else?

Have you even looked to see where the oil might be leaking out?? I would think that you might want to do that first...y'know, look under the car, or in the engine bay...losing that much oil in a week would certainly make itself obvious.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks but there is never a drop of oil under the car. The only indication is that there is smoke out the rear of the car when you presson the accelerator (maybe from exhaust but maybe not). Any other suggestions if it is coming from the exhaust?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts