Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1993 Sable 3.8 The battery light has been flickering ocassionaly. I had read on other posts that there is a single wire that connects to the alternator that can come loose, so today I checked out and cleaned all of the connections, when I pluged the single wire back in I expected it to lock into place, but it doesn't seem to lock in place like it should, if I pull out in the wire just a little it falls out. Has anybody had this problem with the flimsy connector or have any ideas to keep it from falling out? I'm attaching a picture that impatient95 showed in a previous post that shows the wire I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
As long as it charges properly, I wouldn't worry about it. My truck was the same way when I upgraded it from the stock 60 am gen 2 alternator to a 130 amp gen 3, but it worked fine as long as it was plugged in. If it's plugged in and you are getting a intermittent battery light, I would first just take the whole alternator in and get it checked. Then go from what they tell you. I had an intermittent light and all that caused it was bad brushes. 7 dollars for new brushes, and light stopped.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Using a needle nose pliers give the male part of the connect a slight twist.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys! I'll give the needle nose pliers trick a try SHOZ123.
Since I cleaned all the connections on the alternator and cleaned up the battery posts the light hasn't been flickering, keeping my fingers crossed. :hmm:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts