Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just noticed between my battery and driver side fender, right behind headlight, there is a black box that is noly connected to a wire, what is it and should it be fixed to somethin or is it oka?

Heres pics..
P1000053.JPG

P1000054.JPG

P1000055.JPG

P1000056.JPG

P1000057.JPG

P1000058.JPG

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did some research and its my CCRM.. still tho should it be loose or fixed to somethin???

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Almost certainly it should be held down. Vibrating wires will eventually work-harden and part.

On my 2000 wagon, it's inside a plastic box (which is taped shut), which in turn is inserted into a kind of holster on the side of the battery tray, a long side that's as tall as the battery case. It's still a bit flobbery, as the battery tray is plastic and not especially stiff.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I see on the side of the case where theres a spot for somethin to rest in, you can see in the pics how the ccrm fits into it, and also theres a clip on the inner fender similar to the ones on my air box, are those for the part to hold the ccrm? Ik its suppossed to go right on the side there but theres no holes for a screw or anything, right now i duct taped it to the battery case to keep it still, should i look at some scrap yards to find that holster youre talkin bout? can i buy it online? can you upload a pic of yours?

P1000054.JPG

P1000053.JPG

front half of battery case you can see where theres a spot for the ccrm, just nothin to keep it there

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eureka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! problem fixed! hiding under the metal behind the headlight housing was a metal srap with a clip on the end which nicely goes over the ccrm and clips to the top of the battery tray!

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
There you go. Good sleuthing on minimal clues and congratulations for finding the solution.

How it's affixed no doubt changed over time... no idea why they developed the double-boxing arrangement on our 2000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts