Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month or so back my son's 2001 FFV SES sedan lit up the loose cap light. He replaced he cap with a new one however the light never went out and the MIL did not come on. Over the following weeks researched everything I could on the issue. We replaced the fuel fill pipe (although the original looks like new and seems fine). He also checked the codes after the first week and there were none. A few weeks after the cap was replaced I was riding with him and checking the live data and I noticed there was a pending 1451 code. The charcoal canister solenoid resistance was tested and showed 60 ohms so we replaced it with a new one along with the vent tubing from the fill pipe to the canister (it was really soft and felt like it could collapse under a vacuum). The light is still on.

I checked it with FORscan and there is only 1 code and it does not seem to be related. There is a B1551 "Liftgate release circuit short to ground. Module: Generic Electronic Module" code. His car is a sedan so I don't know if it is related to the trunk, but the release works and the light in the trunk is on.

His car runs like always with nothing not working. He has no extra added things like a remote start or even a aftermarket stereo. He has a battery that is less than 6 months old and in great shape. New starter and water pump. The flex fuel module in the dash is less than 2 years old and his gas gauge works fine. Last summer we replaced the intake manifold gaskets, valve cover gaskets and MAF sensor.

Should we pull the instrument cluster and look for a problem there. With no code I do not know where else to look and we have ran out of clues for any other problems.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We were able to pass smog today with 1 monitor not set and the check gas cap light on. In California, on a vehicle manufactured after 2000, you can pass smog with the Evap. monitor not set. The Federal laws may be the same I'm not sure. Now at least we can work on it more without being concerned about clearing and resetting codes.

I will post any results regarding the gas cap light as we get to it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts