Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah so i need to do something to my 00' taurus duratec...i'm sure you all have seen my car its jtkz13 old taurus with the rims and what not. but i was looking for either something like projector headlamps or maybe different tail lights but the would have to be black...and maybe something with the exhaust cause i hate the rusty brown muffler crap... or if you have any other ideas i'm more than open to suggestions. thx

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Well, welcome to the club first of all! :chili: I certainly remember that car, and I hope you're enjoying it.

First of all on the mods, there is no one who makes projector headlamps for the Taurus. That would have to be a custom job. For the taillights, you're in luck. There are altezza's made, and a few members have them (I believe off e-bay). Hopefully someone with a little more info will notice this because I don't know too much about the altezza's. If you see them, and you think they are too ricey, you could always darken them with Niteshades, which is basically a spray-on tint.

With the exhaust, you have a few options. If you just want to replace the muffler, that's easy enough. Just buy a muffler and have a shop weld it on for you. Some like to have shops custom make cat-back exhaust systems, and there are a few GenIV owners with custom dual exhausts. A cat-back system won't give you too much of a HP increase, maybe 5-10, but I'm sure it will sound awesome.

If I didn't answer any of your questions or you have any more, feel free to ask.

-Rob

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whats the running prices i should pay to have a shop weld on a muffler or just a nice tip...something like the cts exhaust i saw on another taurus here...what should i pay?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Some shops will just charge you about an hour's worth of work for a muffler and tip if you bring those in yourself. At my local shop, they just charged me $45 for labor and $2 worth of piping to put on my Summit Turbo muffler (which I got for $15 and brought in).

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what about the hangers for the muffler do they usaually do it to the muffler or the pipe before the tip...cause i would hate to get nice corome exhaust and then see a rusty hanger or clamp...thx for the help so far tho..

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Well, they will reuse the old hanger if possible, so if you specify you want a new hanger, they'll add that to the total cost. I would guess it's less $10 for a hanger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts