Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to get some black rims from my car, and was possibly going to go to pep boys? I was thinking about spray painting them, but I thought a set of new rims would be a bit better. any tips on what to look for when I go to make my purchase? i think pep boys would do it 60 a rim. i don't feel like getting new tires, haha. i just want the rim!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I've always been a fan to these. But they're 18s, not stock size.
[attachmentid=28606]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
I was looking to get some black rims from my car, and was possibly going to go to pep boys? I was thinking about spray painting them, but I thought a set of new rims would be a bit better. any tips on what to look for when I go to make my purchase? i think pep boys would do it 60 a rim. i don't feel like getting new tires, haha. i just want the rim!
[/b]
i like the ones you have or get a set of gen 4.. 5 spoke

and paint them black or leave them gray to match your ride
:thumb:

·
Registered
681 Posts
[attachmentid=28606]
[/b]
Those look worse then my 18s.

·
Registered
681 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[attachmentid=28606]
[/b]
Those look worse then my 18s.
[/b][/quote]

:pat:
[/b][/quote]

I never once said I was in love with yours. :p

To each his own.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I'm quite happy with my rims.

·
Registered
681 Posts
lol its all good. Just messing but I do like your hood. You selling?
[/b]
I'll sell you a stock red one with body colored nozzles!

Turnaround on the hoods aren't too bad if you really want one, but I'm not getting rid of mine. Your car would probably look pretty damn good with it too.

Most don't like my rims, but I like split 5 spokes and damn if they aren't split 5 spokes

to the OP- Youre limited in your choice of stock sizes for our bolt pattern. Very limited.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
if you want stockish rims, grab the gen 4 SABLE wheels from a junkyard or from someone on here, i forget how many spokes off the top of my head but i always thought theyd look good black, im going to paint mine in the spring.

BTW watch this then do it yourself, i painted my buddys stock 99 explorer 5.0 wheels black and they look good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5eK5OnHfqA...feature=related

1 - 14 of 14 Posts