Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TCCA Staff (Retired)
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, most of you won't remember me but I was a member, mod and admin here many moons ago. I was active when AG took over and witnessed some of the dark times that faced the TCCA. I am glad to see that everything is going well now! The place looks great...love the new VB software and the bright, clean look! My old LX Wagon is long gone and my kid traded his Sable in on a Dodge Dart so I haven't been around for a long time. I currently drive a 2013 Hemi Ram and a 71 Mach 1 Mustang on the weekends! I love the new SHO's but I am a truck guy now...I don't think I can ever move back to a car. I just figured that I would stop in and see how things are going!

Have a Happy Easter!

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
Welcome back Barry!
I've been here long enough to remember you.
You know what they say: Once a member, always a member!!
So don't be a stranger.

Let's see some of those Mach 1 pics!
351??

Happy Easter to you too! :)

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
It's good to see you still around Barry! AG has pretty much left, to a certain extent, the site up to the staff as far as function. There is still a headbutting every now and again(forum header to be one of them) but all in all, it's been working pretty good. We have been working on trying to get things in order to keep the spam crap out and keep it 'family friendly'. I love the Bulls(still have my 01 wagon) but have moved to a Dodge as well. I'm a tall guy, so it's a luxury thing right now to have the truck that I don't feel cramped in. ;)

·
TCCA Staff (Retired)
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to hear! I do stop in from time to time...I just don't have much to talk about since the Taurus and Sable are gone...

The Mach 1 is a 302 bored to 306 with a mild cam and 289 heads for better compression! It will run and I can fill it up and drive all weekend, LOL!

It's no showroom restoration or trophy winner...but it is fun as hell to drive!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice Mach 1!

Love the old muscle cars, total sensory experience. Bet it sounds great too.

·
Registered
9,652 Posts
Good to hear! I do stop in from time to time...I just don't have much to talk about since the Taurus and Sable are gone...

The Mach 1 is a 302 bored to 306 with a mild cam and 289 heads for better compression! It will run and I can fill it up and drive all weekend, LOL!

Nice pics, brings back memory of good old days, solenoid on the fender, dist in front. Nice strut tower braces.

And I was trying to remember, Latrobe, and it came back. I used to go across 22 and down 119 to Greensburg from Altoona. And then down I-70 to Charleroi. Non of that fun drive, doubt it is much better than years ago. Last down that way, at least 15 years ago.

-chart-

·
TCCA Staff (Retired)
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice pics, brings back memory of good old days, solenoid on the fender, dist in front. Nice strut tower braces.

And I was trying to remember, Latrobe, and it came back. I used to go across 22 and down 119 to Greensburg from Altoona. And then down I-70 to Charleroi. Non of that fun drive, doubt it is much better than years ago. Last down that way, at least 15 years ago.

-chart-
Yep I work out on Route 22 near 119 South! 22 is pretty nice now, they completely rebuilt it from Monroeville to out past Homer City

·
Registered
10 Posts

Love the old Mach 1's!

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Hey! I'm still around from time to time, less and less though. I am on the facebook one more. I still have my 88 Taurus, now showagon, and the sable that I came over with. Also have a roadmaster wagon and caddy cts wagon in my stable.

Attachments

·
TCCA Staff (Retired)
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I still get notifications and stuff from the forum, but I have been pretty busy and haven't been able to visit much! Good to hear from you Chris and I can't believe you still have those 2 wagons! I still have my wagon's COTM certificate and the old calendar that it was in, LOL! Ah the memories!

Here is an old photo of my LX Wagon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts