Registered
117 Posts
i have had mine in for over a year now. jet chips was where i got it. brian
by the way, its in an 01 bull.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at jetchip.com but couldn't see any thermostat.
I found some models @ NAPA online but I am not sure they are the exact replica of Motorcraft t-stat.

·
Registered
117 Posts
my bad. believe it or not i actually got the thermostat on www.truckperformance.com. check in by vehicle and it is listed under cooling systems. $10.99 is the current going rate. i was just on the site. brian

·
Registered
208 Posts
arn't all the t-stats ... EXACT replca's to the OEM ones, or close enough??

Im running a 180 with no problems, bought it at napa

·
Registered
379 Posts
Haynes manual says that on '96-'99 models the thermostat opens somewhere between 193-200 degrees, while on '00+ models it opens at 175-182 degrees. So I was always under the impression that '00+ models used a cooler T-Stat right out of the factory.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haynes is wrong, I have the manual too. I called the dealer and asked what the temp rating on motorcraft t-stat for 2000 SES. They said 195 degree.
Plus I did Internet search and there is no 180 degree t-stat from Motorcraft for Taurus.

Silvapain, my car pings under load all th etime excep brute north east winter time.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Originally posted by FullDuplex@Feb 25 2004, 02:07 PM
Haynes is wrong...
Surprise, surprise!

Thanks for clearing that up.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
what about the aftermarket T-stats that say they fit all late model fords and such? Is the taurus have an odd T-stat? The local speed shop has a 180 and a 160 degree T-stat.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I use a 170F on my '97 and it does not have a purge valve. Not really necessary.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know what the original looks like.
If I tear everything down and find out after market t-stat doesn't fit...
Somewhere in the forum sometime ago, I read some dude had problem with 180 degree after market t-stat coming from NAPA. AS far as I remember, the size of it smaller than Motorcraft t-stat.
But I think. I'll order it from www.truckperformance.com. Thanks Brian.

·
Registered
117 Posts
fullduplex, you will not have any problem with this thermostat. its the right size, shape, everything. using it for a long time now, no problems. brian

1 - 14 of 14 Posts