Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just shopped a Ford Protect Premium Care plan in California, as a new law (that went into effect 3/1/23, three days before I bought my used 2017 Taurus SEL with 36k miles!) prohibits buying out of state plans. The dealer selling the plan must be licensed in CA. No more Flood, Lombard or Ziegler for best pricing.

Best price I could find after calling north of 15 dealers all over the state was from Ryan Casper at Ken Grody Ford, Carlsbad. Prices varied wildly, as high as $4,000 for PremiumCare 5year/60k mile with $100 deductible. Ryan’s price was $2,750 total with no inspection required if CARFAX is clean. That also saves you an hour of shop rate.

So many of these dealers just didn’t care to make this sale or were rude about it. I even called having the VIN, mileage and coverage wanted known in advance. It was actually quite appalling how few even return calls!

I don’t know Ryan but he was great to work with and made the process real quick. Highly recommend!

· Registered
160 Posts
Try calling Ford, they can piont you to a dealer that will sell you a Ford Plan. You car is 6 years old. Ford plans years start from the original sales date, when the car was first sold by a Ford Dealer. So a 7 year, 100,000 mile plan only covers the first 7 years from the original sales date. Years or Mileage whichever comes first.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document

Try calling Ford, they can piont you to a dealer that will sell you a Ford Plan. You car is 6 years old. Ford plans years start from the original sales date, when the car was first sold by a Ford Dealer. So a 7 year, 100,000 mile plan only covers the first 7 years from the original sales date. Years or Mileage whichever comes first.
I already bought a plan, I was just providing a referral for others that might be looking. And since the factory warranty was expired, this five year 60k mile warranty is from the time and mileage I signed up. My other Fords are extensions from the factory warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts