Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time no talk,

I am looking for an engine compartment picture of a 95 preferably (can be 90-95 tho) Taurus without ABS, looking for a shot of the drivers side of the compartment showing the master cylinder and the lines.

What I am doing is a complete body swap on my 92 SHO as the body has rotted right out, the car that I am using is just a regular GL. I am swapping over the ABS system from the 92 to 95, and wanted to see what the lines looked like. I will not have possession of the car untill the weekend, else I would go out and look at it.

I was trying to search, but I could not find anything on that.

Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
You're gonna have to keep the hood from the SHO because it gives more clearance than the regular Taurus hood.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on keeping everything off of the 92 and swapping it over, although, untill I can get everything that needs to be swapped over painted, it might stay accidentally a Taurus GL exterior..... lol

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
The hood on a regular Taurus has a slight dip. If you use the hood from the regular Taurus, the UIM is could hit your hood.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will see what happens after I swap the sub-frame and everything over, if it hits, then I will install the SHO hood on in place.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Or get a carbon fiber cowl hood :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey buddy... you might have to swap more of that 92 over than you think... ;) I went from a 92 - 93 and the body harness inside the car was even different. I swapped the engine harness.. under hood harness.. other half of the C100 connector that feeds the dash. Lets seee.. umm I was able to make the body harness work but there is an issue with the "dome light" as it only lights the bulbs on the kick panels.. not the stuff up top.. yet they work when you touch the door handle, or the keyless entry.. ? So I think I need to pull and swap that too.. which is really gross...

Hopefully you don't get into all that mess.. :) But when you swap everything over.. do just that... swap absolutly everything and it shouldn't be a problem. You might end up with a union or two going to the rear of the car.. but not too sure. Hopefully not.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't worry, every single wiring harness, every single trim piece, every single underhood engine component is being transfered over, the GL is being stripped down to the shell, and EVERYTHING is being transfered over from the SHO

Pimpskillet, is that you Eric?

You had a bit of work to do on that Cali 93, also you were going from Auto to man as well.

This car that I am getting doesn't have many options as well, just power windows and door locks, so yeah I will need all the harnesses from the 92

·
Registered
72 Posts
QUOTE (firstgen89sho @ Jul 14 2009, 08:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739337
Don't worry, every single wiring harness, every single trim piece, every single underhood engine component is being transfered over, the GL is being stripped down to the shell, and EVERYTHING is being transfered over from the SHO

Pimpskillet, is that you Eric?

You had a bit of work to do on that Cali 93, also you were going from Auto to man as well.

This car that I am getting doesn't have many options as well, just power windows and door locks, so yeah I will need all the harnesses from the 92[/b]

Yea thats me... Andrew... 1993DOHC came down and bought the interior off me, and we had fun finish stripping that 92 down to bones... I tell ya, that is one PITA job to do.. lol car looks seriously sorry now.. lol Only thing I always seem to break are the freakin A pillar arm covers. The rest came off without a hitch.

But yes, knowing this.. I'll never swap from a 92 to anything else again.. didn't realize it woulda been all that mess. :) But when you're done, you can say . "I built this entire thing!" lol

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
QUOTE (fdogg96 @ Jul 13 2009, 08:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739247
The hood on a regular Taurus has a slight dip. If you use the hood from the regular Taurus, the UIM is could hit your hood.[/b]
Actually the SHO hood is the same as one from a Sable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts