Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you guys have seen my other thread about a 94 Taurus w/ the police package, I'm going to look at it today, test drive it, and have it checked by our mechanic.

Is there anything I should look for? Thanks ;)

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Make sure it has R134a air conditioning. (either conversion or stock)

Also check the subframe bushings and bolts. Those have been known to go out in salt-states.

Try to visualize how many mods you can do to it. (The one who dies with the most mods wins!)

Good luck on your upcoming purchase!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, AC really doesn't matter to me, since it never really gets hot enough :banana:

And, I planned on these rims, a SHO spoiler, metallic blue paint, Gen 3 SHO interior, and a center console shifter.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Umm, Police Packages are pretty hard to find and they look sweet if you make them look mostly stock.

I like the mods you have in mind, but maybe the rims would look nicer if they were the same color as the rest of the car?

Also, I would leave the column shift alone and just put in a center console without the shifter. (Too much fabrication work, unless you are a sheet-metal worker by trade.) That is what I did recently, but I need to put some pictures up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts