Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found the kit that'd fit and it comes with bags, compressor, tank, valves, lines. brackets, guage, and switchbox. I know what it'd take to install all of that, but my issue is DROP SPINDLES. It's almost definitely not going to lay frame, but it's gonna be LOWWWWW.

Any thoughts on what I could do for drop spindles? or if theyre ABSOLUTELY necessary at all?

Any input would be great. Thanks.​

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a replacement spindle that'll allow the car to handle the severe drop. I'm in a tough spot right now, because I know if I bag it, the alignment will be off every time I hit switches. So I'm debating bagging it, or going back to my original plan and just do Koni's with Eibach Pros, but I'm not sure of my financial situation either way. Which would you recommend? Based on your personal opinion.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
You won't be able to get dropped spindles since the axle is located within the knuckle. You'd have to completely design and forge a new piece. Not too good an idea if financially challenged. Personally I don't mod anything till I know I'll be set financially for at least two months, just in case something unplanned happens.

How about a link to your "kit"?

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
You do realize that in many areas, if you eliminate the springs and switch to an air bag suspension, you are an automatic safety fail? The reason is if the bags rupture or a line comes off, it can become a severe problem very quickly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already found a couple places that I can get them from. And I read that thread today too, and I'd say put me down for a set for the V6, but I'm in school now and won't br working till summer to have the money to pay for them. Which is why I'm looking to do the Eibachs when I can swing the cash.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I already found a couple places that I can get them from. And I read that thread today too, and I'd say put me down for a set for the V6, but I'm in school now and won't br working till summer to have the money to pay for them. Which is why I'm looking to do the Eibachs when I can swing the cash.
Make sure they have them on hand. Several places still list them but do not have them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well I know it'd take some fab, but it's either that kit, or the Strut Bag kit from Suicide Doors. Which would also require some work. It's a Taurus, haha, nothing was DESIGNED for us.

And as for the springs, hmmmm, do you have a ballparked time frame for this? Just trying to map out the likelihood.

Regarding the hydraulics, I'm looking for this to be my daily still. I saw your thread the other day and was reading up on it since we posted very similar topics within days of eachother, which was amazingly helpful. But for the cost of it, it's a lot to spend on parts that will make it ride like hell. Especially since I'm on such a tight budget. But I've had the same thoughts as you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah its always about cost VS function vs difficulty of install. Um if your looking for a "cheap" drop could cut your coil springs,But that can cause blown struts .Same with E-bay Coils. I look forward to finding out what route you decide to go on your install .I wouldn't bother even getting an alignment with any type of "adjustable" suspension .

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Well I know it'd take some fab, but it's either that kit, or the Strut Bag kit from Suicide Doors. Which would also require some work. It's a Taurus, haha, nothing was DESIGNED for us.

And as for the springs, hmmmm, do you have a ballparked time frame for this? Just trying to map out the likelihood.

Regarding the hydraulics, I'm looking for this to be my daily still. I saw your thread the other day and was reading up on it since we posted very similar topics within days of eachother, which was amazingly helpful. But for the cost of it, it's a lot to spend on parts that will make it ride like hell. Especially since I'm on such a tight budget. But I've had the same thoughts as you.
I am guessing a few months right now. Ill know more soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.