1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
!!!

http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=gen...e=FS039&cat=563

http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=gen...e=GR030&cat=415

I ordered them from galls.com on sunday. Theyre in Kentucky, which is kinda close to Maryland, so i suspect theyll be here on probably wednesday. The lights are gonna go above my rearview mirror, if theyll fit. If not, not biggie, i'll put them on my dash.

As for the headlight flashers, my question is, which wire running to the headlights is for the high beam? I have to tap into the high beam wires. And when i do tap into the high beam wires, how do you suggest i do that? If you left it up to me, i'd just use electrical tape. :lol:

I'll let yall know when this stuff comes in (hopefully wednesday). It should prove to be my most fun mod yet. :evil_grin:

On a side note, i did buy a new pair of fog lights. I took apart my old ones, only to discover they were full of mud. I dont know how that happened. :grin2: I got the new ones from wal mart for 27 bucks. Theyre pretty nice for the price! I'll get pics later, when i install my strobes and stuff.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Looks cool. Sadly here in California if you have anything like that you will have to pay a major fine and have the stuff confiscated (I think) for impersonating a law enforcement vehicle.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Cool **** cap, but just an FYI.

Impersonating a LEO is a pretty serious offense in most places. At the very least you'd be looking at a serious, serious fine, and getting your **** confiscated.

That being said... "enjoy yo'self." B)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Racer X@Aug 9 2004, 01:50 PM
Cool **** cap, but just an FYI.

Impersonating a LEO is a pretty serious offense in most places. At the very least you'd be looking at a serious, serious fine, and getting your **** confiscated.

That being said... "enjoy yo'self." B)
Yup. I believe it is not illegal to have the lights, or to even have them hooked up, but the second you turn them on while on a public road, it becomes illegal. Am i correct?

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Actually, the laws are to possess inside of any vehicle, unless in the manufacturers sealed container. But, may be different there.

Good Luck to you, but you should check with the local agency.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
BTW, here, having any headlights electronically modulated are illegal, unless it is on an emergency vehicle. Just an FYI

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
my local department told me it was even illegal to have aftermarket fog lights...I looked at him and told him to go back inside.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok , i just checked maryland law. Its illegal to have those strobes hooked up.

Also, Tmonster, he's right, believe it or not. :huh:

22-230© USING LAMPS OR EQUIPMENT - A person may not use on a motor vehicle, trailer, etc., a Headlamp, Auxiliary
or Fog Lamp, Rear Lamp, Signal Lamp, or Reflector which reflector or lamp is required under this title,
or parts of any of the foregoing, which tend to Change the Original Design or Performance.

© A person may not drive or move on any highway any vehicle or equipment that is equipped with or displays any light or signal device designed to emit an oscillating, rotating, blinking, or other type of emission of light, unless designated and authorized by the Administrator as indicated in paragraphs (1) through (9) of this subsection. The provisions of this section do not prohibit the display and use of any lighting device that may be permitted or required elsewhere in the Maryland Vehicle Law.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Illegal or not, the first time a cop pulls you over and sees those, he'll know what the intent is and will be ticketing you accordingly even if for unrelated issues...

"Looks like you're windshield wipers are worn out sir... that's a ticket for poor visability" :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
besides Dan, shoulda told me..I have some headlight flasher, taillight flashers..wig-wag module...red lights, blue lights...
acreature~shhhh....don't say a word...how ya think I hit rt-12 in under 3 hrs?lol

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
I had a SHO-ME random headlight flasher kit in for a while, but took them out before I got into real trouble, I did abuse the power, but I knew they needed to come out. My bright lights were the light green wire in the headlight harness.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
WHY do you need those. Pretty silly tp spend money on lights you can never use. Be prepared for a sure ticket when you get pulled over for anything.

What a retard...how old are you....16? Are you wanting to be a siren queer?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Originally posted by Firescooby@Aug 12 2004, 02:13 PM
WHY do you need those. Pretty silly tp spend money on lights you can never use. Be prepared for a sure ticket when you get pulled over for anything.

I'll be nice and simply say....everyone here has a different idea on what they want to do to their car...if Dan wants to do it...here we say"good job, looks great, or maybe even ....neat idea"

being a newbie I would suggest being a bit more polite to the people that are part of our little family.
Constructive criticism is acceptable....being a canidate for a cranial/rectal inversion is not... :D

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Not in this case. THIS is the reason this stuff shouldn't be sold to anyone unless they PROVE that they have a license to run it or department letterhead. I have been a career firefighter/ paramedic for 12 years (Seargent for 2). I also volunteer locally and have no desire for this crap in my car.

We had an couple of incidents this year of siren queers playing cops. VERY VERY stiff punishment. NOW, police are stopping any cars with civilian plates and lights displayed...not on. If these drivers do not have proof of being firefighter, etc...they get a ticket for impersonation of peace officer. By law just having the lights displayed can be ticketed for impersonation.

·
Registered
517 Posts
i just a red light bar in the grill of my car and got stoped for unauthorized light.... the cop said that ppl might think i am drive down the road backward pretty laim i thought ( one small red light and two high beams looks likes i am driving backwards) untill i got a note in the mail saying i had to pay $105 for it ... i know here i is ok to have it on only while you are parked ... but thats no fun so i put fogs in the grill

i did not get any pics with the red light cause i had to take it out so before i could..

·
Registered
292 Posts
Originally posted by Firescooby@Aug 12 2004, 02:27 PM
Not in this case. THIS is the reason this stuff shouldn't be sold to anyone unless they PROVE that they have a license to run it or department letterhead. I have been a career firefighter/ paramedic for 12 years (Seargent for 2). I also volunteer locally and have no desire for this crap in my car.

We had an couple of incidents this year of siren queers playing cops. VERY VERY stiff punishment. NOW, police are stopping any cars with civilian plates and lights displayed...not on. If these drivers do not have proof of being firefighter, etc...they get a ticket for impersonation of peace officer. By law just having the lights displayed can be ticketed for impersonation.
nobody is saying that running the lights on the street is less than wise, thats a personal choice if you want the jail time
however for instance if these were just for shows for instance*shrug* each to his own...many cars run around with strobe packs in the headlights, I get them all the time at the shop when people want them installed. Having them installed is one thing, using them is another.
Neons for instance...are illegal...anywhere on the car, inside or outside...plenty still use them.
If people never did any illegal mods on their cars we would all still be driving a horse and buggy.
Again, I think if you'll reread the whole thread you'll see people have all voiced concerns but I dont think I recall Dan ever saying he was going to be running around trying to pull people over with said lights. I highly doubt they could even be seen(the ones I used to have mounted there were not able to be seen from outside)
I dont want this to turn into a pissing contest, just encouraging people to do new things as long as nobody gets hurt
*steps off soapbox*

BTW ...my firetruck is bigger than yours :chili: :banana: :party:

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by Firescooby@Aug 12 2004, 02:13 PM

Hi, and welcome to the club! :)

Since you're relatively new to the TCCA, let me be one of the first to say:
While everyone's opinion is welcome on discussions, personal attacks of any nature are not allowed, nor will they be tolerated in any capacity.

:keepsmiling:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.