Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

front leather and the rear back leather fold down. No bottom though. Right now I have gray cloth, manual drivers seat, and solid back seat. Hope not after tonight. Power drivers seat and lumbar support :D

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Nice find. the driver's seat looks in really nice shape too

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Looks good!
Someone's going to be busy today!! :lol2:

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
That's pretty clean leather for a junkyard car, I'm gonna have to call :bs:

Somewhere in Indianapolis, a random Taurus SEL owner is probably opening his driver-side door to find that most of the upholstery has suddenly gone missing... :eek: :noes:

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright.....got them in and :homer: !!!! Passenger seat. Airbag sensor. Seatbelt buckles. Damn you ford. They're different and I forgot. These were out of a 02. No big problem though. Calling it a day for now but pulling them out tomorrow to swap seat belt buckles and see if we can exchange the guts of the passenger seat to keep the full airbag sensor. Love my power seat and fold down back seats. :) just wish I could have found a bottom for the back. I'm going to keep searching though so hopefully I find one this summer.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol Brian. No. This junkyard picapart really keeps there stock fresh. Must have just got junked. Might have Bren cash for clunkers. Doors were still entact and closed lol rare find. Also finally got a matching center console for my enterior so I will post pics tomorrow when I get it all in correct. I swear I didn't rob a Taurus on the street :D only flaw is a pen mark on the back seat but I'm going to search online for a good way to remove pen from leather.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (Kearsarge @ Jun 6 2010, 12:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809732
was the mt dew free with the seats?[/b]
lmao. My brother said to say it came with the seats. There was some gum under the center console but I don't like spearmint. Haha. Must say if it wasn't for my brother I don't know if we would have gotten the drivers seat out. It's a real PITA trying to remove an electric seat with out electric.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
You found a bottle of Mountain Dew...w00t!111one :banana:

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'VE GOT PICTURES!!!!!!!
Guts of the passenger seat weight sensor.

Removing the sensor cpu

Adding it to the new one

This next picture my brother actually caught the foam on FIRE :nuclear: but no harm was done and put it out immediately. but make sure to move the foam more if you do this haha

Factory installed :D

Center console I had, darker colors

Alarm sensors

Installed

:p

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And for anyone with leather. I used Lexol brand Leather cleaner and their Leather conditioner, cleaner is a orange bottle, and cond. is a brown bottle. They were $8 each at Autozone and considering I've never really dealt with leather I love how this product worked. As you can see they really look good after a good cleaning.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
QUOTE (RByers @ Jun 6 2010, 07:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809931
I'VE GOT PICTURES!!!!!!!

:p[/b]
That installation looks great, and absolutely factory! Hey, I've got a Gen 4.5 leather-wrapped steering wheel that would go along perfectly with this new interior of yours... Link :makeadeal:

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUESTION!!!

What the hell is this yellow plug for? Were heated seats an option? Me and my brother were debating it all weekend. If so I got some homework to do before winter comes to see how to get it in. Anyone know what this plug would be for? And was there ever a power passenger seat? I think there was the extra power wires on the car's harness like the drivers seat had. If so I have some junkyard fulfilled weekends ahead of me. :suicide:

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
:dunno: Could be for a power passenger seat base, or for the optional side airbags?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
The yellow plug on a 4.0 has wires coming out of it leading to the main harness. It's known as the seat position sensor, to tell the airbag the power of the deployment.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Bull Geek. I couldn't figure out for the life of me if it was just a cap or actually had a purpose.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
You know... you really didn't need to weld anything. The base rails can be taken off and swapped. Only 4 bolts holding the the rails. All you would of had to have done was... take the rails off and the metal frame part of the seat. And swap it with the frame, pressure plate and rails from your seats u had in the car currently. Looks good either way tho.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Don't take all the fun out of it! Lol. My brother just got the welder thursday so we wanted to try it out and it seemed like a good test. All I really had to do was take the cloth off of my seats and put on the leather but it worked out easy enough. Oh. Hey Sojia, did you have your seats custom wrapped? And if so what did that cost? Not too sure how lucky I will be on finding the back seat to match or not so would like to know another option. Thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts