Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to my recent exhast pipe blow up, I finally got my new Y-pipe in. Its brand new and looks very good. Got it for $225 shipped on Ebay. What a deal, its a magnaflow. Hope it fits like it promises.

Tomorrow I start on my SHO project I've been waiting for forever. I am taking the Y-pipe down, and oil pan down and replacing gaskets and the pipe. Also o2 sensors while I'm at it. the SHO deserves it. I hope this stops those horrible leaks. i won't be able to finish anything tomorrow, I am still waiting for Advance Auto to get my oil pan gasket in.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Have the rod bearings been replaced recently? If not, I recommend doing them while you have the Y-pipe off. Also, the rod bolts are TTY, so you'd need to replace those as well.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
enjoy

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Have the rod bearings been replaced recently? If not, I recommend doing them while you have the Y-pipe off. Also, the rod bolts are TTY, so you'd need to replace those as well.
[/b]
Son of a, where do you find the rod bolts then? Things I need just keep piling up

Andrew

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I don't think the V6 motor connecting rod bolts at TTY. At least on my '93 I reused them.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
The first pic has 2 awesome kitties, and a really cute one. :)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Chrism,

I pmed you with a vendor a while back. Did you get it from them or someone else?

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
I don't think the V6 motor connecting rod bolts at TTY. At least on my '93 I reused them. [/b]
May not be then. What are the torquing directions for the conrod bolts? IIRC, if the sequence involves torquing to a certain ft-lb spec, then turning a specificed rotation then they are TTY.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
<------------ Cat person

That y-pipe looks good, do you have a link or model number so I can check out the tube size?

It says you've got a 1995 (best year) 3.8 (best engine) :)
Is this for that car or this SHO project you mentioned?

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
those are sho exaust

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I havn't even started yet. I ran into another problem. My resonator is rusted to hell where it connects to the y-pipe. I can't even get it disconnected from its other end. I havn't started on anything, I think tomorrow I'll begin taking down the y-pipe and oil pan. I'm looking right now for a good resonator. Then after I get the pan back up and y-pipe on, I'll take it to an exhast shop and get the new resonator on. They may have to cut the end of the resonator and reweld the new one on, if I can find a new one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts