Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... So when my car gets fixed, what mods should I start on?

Keep in mind

1. They need to be under $100 each
2. I suck at electrical (you ever seen my wires??)
3. I have a limited amount of tools
4. I'll probably be asking more questions about how to install...

Also

I have no more neons in my car (I sold them),
I have 4 sets of brake lights (5 lights all together, if you don't realize that)

Thaaanks

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Maybe your "G3 clear tails, coming soon, I promise"?

Instead of two $100 mods, save it and get a chip in the car.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
get one of the bob's famous FSTB and of course put a chip in it!! you'll have a blast chirping the tires in 2nd. than throw on a CAI into the wheel well. those would be about the cheapest and best ones you can do at first. and have fun with it! i love gettin all greasy workin on my car.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
'99-'99 spec outer tailights= <$100 on Ebay, Easy self install
Clear Corner Markers= $20-$25 on Ebay, easy self install
Some nice HID style bulbs= $30-$60 depending on brand and quality, found everywhere, easy self install
Anonda Motorsports Strut Tower Brace= ~$100, easy self install with one friend
Anonda Motorsports Sub-Frame Connectors= ~$75, Let Bob weld them in at the ROTB

G4 Taurus/Sable 16" Rims and Tires, newer take offs= ~$200-$400 depending on sorce and milage, fairly easy self install, but can take to auto shop for them to do it fast and cheap
Diablo Sport or other brand performance chip= ~$200-$300 depending on brand and program, easy self install
Draxas Cold Air Intake= ~$150-$250 depending on they're final price when its released, easy self install or quick, easy install by auto shop
Nice Cat-back with resonator and flowmaster style muffler= ~$300-$350 at a reputable performance shop, don't go to a normal exhaust shop for this

Some of these are over your $100 thing, but they are all reasonable with a little bit of money saving. Get the inexspencive looks and handling bits first, then some cheap G4 rims, then on to the go fast goodies. Might throw some performance brake pads and rotors on the front too for good measure. Just doing the fronts will make a big difference and is fairly cheap. Good luck. \^.^/

Venom

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
u can get some Nos stickers, the supercharger tip for your muffler, windshield wiper led's, that should be under $100 total, and make your car pretty fast.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit@Feb 28 2004, 11:38 AM
Oooh! Venom, sounds good.. Thank you very much!!!

But again, the chip, where to find that?
Hmm....might check the eltronics forum for links too chip realted stuff...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'd make sure all your routine maintennace is current too. I just bought my bull and already spent about 200 in parts getting new metallic pads, a tranny cooler, oil change, coolant flush/change, tranny fluid flush/change, air filter, wiper blades, etc. Granted mine is a 99 with almost 70k so I wanted to make sure everything was good before I do anything else.

I think my next step will be window tint, removing the silencer, and probably a 40 series flowmaster. I also have it easier since I did most of this stuff today up at a ford dealership with my brother in law who is a ford diesel mechanic

I'll have to research the chip option here before too long

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Well when you say "get your car fixed", are you referring to the rear door thats dented or is there something else?

Mods depend on CA$$$$$H FLOW, but I would go with something practical (SFCs).

-Damon

·
Registered
397 Posts
You may have to paint it, but why not a rear spoiler like Detroit raver has?
it will not add speed, but they make the 96 look so much better.

See if your local junkyard has a 96 you could get one from, i assume other GENIII years would work as well. (look into this)

with painting, i don't know what a body shop would charge to paint it, but if you can find your color at a parts store, maybe you could just spray it yourself and it would still turn out well.
Most junkyards charge around $100 for a spoiler.
I hope Detroit will give her input on this, she knows a bit more than I do.
Do stay away from stickers on the windows/windshield, it is kinda tacky looking.
And with that red car, tinted windows would make it look great.

with the spoiler, they just bolt on, and you could run the brake light wires from the existing high brake light. You may need a bit of help with doing this, it is not real hard, but you said you are not good with wiring (understandable). this is assuming the spoiler even has brake lights in it.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by impatient95@Feb 29 2004, 07:43 AM
You may have to paint it, but why not a rear spoiler like Detroit raver has?
it will not add speed, but they make the 96 look so much better.

See if your local junkyard has a 96 you could get one from, i assume other GENIII years would work as well. (look into this)

with painting, i don't know what a body shop would charge to paint it, but if you can find your color at a parts store, maybe you could just spray it yourself and it would still turn out well.
Most junkyards charge around $100 for a spoiler.
I hope Detroit will give her input on this, she knows a bit more than I do.
Do stay away from stickers on the windows/windshield, it is kinda tacky looking.
And with that red car, tinted windows would make it look great.

with the spoiler, they just bolt on, and you could run the brake light wires from the existing high brake light. You may need a bit of help with doing this, it is not real hard, but you said you are not good with wiring (understandable). this is assuming the spoiler even has brake lights in it.
haha, thanks for the input... just to correct some things though - My car is a 97

I'm not really into the spoiler look... I've looked into them a lot.. but I've decided a spoiler is just not for me!

As with painting, most FORD touchup/body paint at stores aren't even the right color, because (as with all cars) the original paint fades!

I will have a few stickers on the car, (ex - anondamotorsports.com decal, M/W and N/E decal, and my M/W Window banner..)

And I was looking into tint. Thinking 35% front, and Limo for rears...

And yes, All G3's share the same spoiler type!

Well when you say "get your car fixed", are you referring to the rear door thats dented or is there something else?

Mods depend on CA$$$$$H FLOW, but I would go with something practical (SFCs).

-Damon[/b]
When I say "get my car fixed" I mean, the rear door, and the whole front clip is being replaced, thanks to Bob and Hamal

·
Registered
668 Posts
Originally posted by stang2be@Feb 29 2004, 02:32 AM
I'd make sure all your routine maintennace is current too. I just bought my bull and already spent about 200 in parts getting new metallic pads, a tranny cooler, oil change, coolant flush/change, tranny fluid flush/change, air filter, wiper blades, etc. Granted mine is a 99 with almost 70k so I wanted to make sure everything was good before I do anything else.

I think my next step will be window tint, removing the silencer, and probably a 40 series flowmaster. I also have it easier since I did most of this stuff today up at a ford dealership with my brother in law who is a ford diesel mechanic

I'll have to research the chip option here before too long
Ash, im with him. I would take that money and fix up any other problems your car has (I know it has some) and do some routine maintenance. Your car should be in excellent mechanical condition with all regular maintenance done before you even consider mods and other unnesessary goodies.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
ASHLEY!!!!!! never had the tranny fluid changed!?!?
well I guess you don't put toooo many miles on it with all the damage you put on it whenever you go out in it.

J/K !!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by rudedog@Mar 1 2004, 01:20 AM
ASHLEY!!!!!! never had the tranny fluid changed!?!?
well I guess you don't put toooo many miles on it with all the damage you put on it whenever you go out in it.

J/K !!!!!
lol! Funny stuff

Anywho, what I'm thinking about right now is the regular maint., then I'm taking off my windshield wiper arms and painting them T-red, becuase that black is wearing off.... Then I'm getting tint. Thinking about 35% fronts, 25% rears, and limo tint for the "eyebrow"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts