Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, fellow Long Roofers. Has anyone here removed the stock luggage rack up on the roof and left an expanse of sheet metal so large that a team of pee wee ballers could scrimmage? I'd love to see what that looks like in the real world.

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
If memory serves me correctly there was one or 2 guys that did that years ago. Major is one member that comes to mind.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,750 Posts
Major had his off for quite a while on the 1987 wagon he bought from BullGeek; there were pics on the forum of it that way. Send a PM Major's way, he probably still has the pics. His wagon is silver, loved what he did to the car but it looked like the Big Giant Head from Third Rock from the Sun, years ago. :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked out that thread. There's a pic in there of a Gen4 wagon with the same delete. Would LOVE to see that one! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
Hey, fellow Long Roofers. Has anyone here removed the stock luggage rack up on the roof and left an expanse of sheet metal so large that a team of pee wee ballers could scrimmage? I'd love to see what that looks like in the real world.
Just held on by a row of Torx head bolts on each side. Good quality adapter to 3/8" rachet and you can likely remove them or twist the head off.

-chart-

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, chart! Before I jump off the deep end, I want to make sure I will like the finished product; slats, rails, and all.

I pm'd major. Hopefully he has some pics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
brevity
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing