Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol i knew only you guys could apreciate this

LOL I WAS JUST WATCHING THE SPEED CHANNEL and Gm recalled 97-2004 small cars....cavalier,sunfire,achieva,grand am, and one other...well faulty wiring in the steering column causes fire in the cockpit!

ALSO
333,000 GM midsize SUV got recalled 98-2004 i mean ALL midsize ones because they alow water to leak in and cause windshield wipers to fail

and the mighty sports car corvette got recalled 97-2004 because it has a faulty steering column lock so the car can lock up while driving OR be drivenm away while the steering column is locked

·
Registered
887 Posts
The Vette recall doesn't mean that people have had the steering freeze up when driving down the road! It just means that some owners have started the car up and the steering wheel would not unlock as it should once the car is in gear......yes it's caused some inconveniences (even some being towed to the dealer to get it fixed) , but people aren't being hurt or anything....

As for the Cavalier, well, we all knew it was a death trap when moving, now It's dangerous even when sitting still!!

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
It's not like Fords repuation is any better. Most people laugh when you say you drive a Ford, even though they can be REALLY good cars with over 300k on them. Every company has their problems.

-Kyle

·
Registered
369 Posts
LOLOLOL.

The ridiclous thing about this is that we all proably saw it comin from a mile away.

·
Registered
20 Posts
how about that super hot burning magnesium radiator core support in the '04 F-150 to F-350 trucks? Or the fact that my ex-wife's Taurus used to turn off completely and not restart while she was driving? Or the same Taurus's steering wheel locking... while it was moving.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hmmm, nay fun death traps with the Buick Lesabre?

tho it is full size...

where could one get info about a cars recall stuff?

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Has anyone seen the movie Fight Club?

The guy works for a car company and his job is to decide weather or not a potentially fatal flaw in a car is likely to cost more in law suits then it would cost to recall. If the anticipated loss through to total number of law suits is more then the cost to recall, they issue a recall, otherwise they just try to reach an out of court settlement with the owners.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Originally posted by dant98@Mar 2 2004, 08:55 AM
dan, did u forget what the first rule of fight club is?

Ford isnt much better with the recalls or tsb's. just because u dont hear about it doesnt mean its not there. check www.alldata.com , the list is looooooong.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by dant98@Mar 2 2004, 08:55 AM

The guy works for a car company and his job is to decide weather or not a potentially fatal flaw in a car is likely to cost more in law suits then it would cost to recall. If the anticipated loss through to total number of law suits is more then the cost to recall, they issue a recall, otherwise they just try to reach an out of court settlement with the owners.

-Dan
And, ironically enough, the car he ws looking at was a Lincoln.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Originally posted by I_heart_ford@Mar 2 2004, 08:08 AM
how about that super hot burning magnesium radiator core support in the '04 F-150 to F-350 trucks? Or the fact that my ex-wife's Taurus used to turn off completely and not restart while she was driving? Or the same Taurus's steering wheel locking... while it was moving.
You come up with Ford problems, I'll come with GM ones.
I will agree with the Taurus, those problems don't quite surprise, although ours has been good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts