Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sine I bought my 2003 Taurus I have been using the electronic remote on the key fob or the combination keys on the driver side door to open the door locks and the trunk.

Recently, I tried using my keys to open the trunk lock the the key would not turn the look. I tired using my keys to open both doors and the locks would not turn.

While the ignition lock operates, I can enter my car and trunk with the remote and door combination, but I asked a Ford dealer what did Ford do to mis key the doors and trunk and how Ford would propose to fix the problem. I was told that you must have changed the ignition lock.

how can these problems be inexpensively fixed.

·
Registered
23,581 Posts
Might try some penetrating lube spray with the red straw attached in the key holes and vigorously work the key back and forth. If you do happen to get them working again, use your key frequently in the doors and trunk to open. The problem is we are constantly using the fob, keypad or remote trunk button to gain access and the locks seize up.

·
Registered
23,581 Posts
Not a huge issue until doors and trunk are locked and the battery is dead, lol! Trying to gain access to the hood release can prove challenging.

·
Registered
23,581 Posts
Also locking your car while warming up in the am, reentry can prove futile if you dont have a keypad as the fob wont work in that situation.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
hi,
get a can of liquid wrench with teflon, or use your favorite spray.

the rear hatchback lock was a no go 99% of the time, even with new keys,
one shot of the liquid wrench and the lock works 100% now.

regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts