Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a used 2007 Taurus with 3L engine. Trying to locate stuff. Can anyone tell me where the air filter and PCV is located? I think air filter might be in plastic box with clips, but not sure.

Also I can not find a chilton or haynes manual for this year taurus. Are they still published and if so how long before they will be out for the 2007 models? Thanks, any info appreciated.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes the air filter is in the black plastic box that has clips on the corners. Simply undo the clips and raise and you can get the air filter out and change it. Not sure about the PCV.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Yes the air filter is in the black plastic box that has clips on the corners. Simply undo the clips and raise and you can get the air filter out and change it. Not sure about the PCV.
Check the topic finder on the pcv valve. It's on the pass side rear valve cover, but read the topic finder before trying to remove it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just get the manual for the 96-06. The '07's are pretty much identical.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just get the manual for the 96-06. The '07's are pretty much identical.
I just ordered the Haynes manual for 1996-2005 Taurus. I gather the big change occurred with the introduction of the 2008 Taurus. So hopefully this 1996-2005 manual will apply to my 2007 taurus. The owners manual is not very helpful.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I just ordered the Haynes manual for 1996-2005 Taurus. I gather the big change occurred with the introduction of the 2008 Taurus. So hopefully this 1996-2005 manual will apply to my 2007 taurus. The owners manual is not very helpful.
When I ordered struts for my car, I had to use the '05 or '06 year, as many websites, and parts stores, don't list '07 year, probably becouse they were only sold to the fleet markets. It would've been correct for Ford to call the Five Hundred "Taurus", and this body style "Taurus Classic", as these were only fleet vehicles for '06 and '07, in the U.S.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Just purchased a used 2007 Taurus with 3L engine. Trying to locate stuff. Can anyone tell me where the air filter and PCV is located? I think air filter might be in plastic box with clips, but not sure.

Also I can not find a chilton or haynes manual for this year taurus. Are they still published and if so how long before they will be out for the 2007 models? Thanks, any info appreciated.
The Vulcan's PCV valve is typically located on the rear passengers side on the rear bank's valve cover.

The filter is located in a large black plastic box with large (approximately 3" diameter) hosing coming from it. It is held on with clips and these clips should pop off with some effort and allow access to the filter.

As for the manual I have no idea when Chilton or Haynes will release a manual for that year. I am also unsure if they have them. IF they do this vehicle is classified under the fourth generation of the ford Taurus fleet, and would be included in the "2000-2004" model year. Be aware however the engines underwent numerous changes throughout the year range of the Gen 4 series, and the manual may list different procedures depending on it.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
23,349 Posts
07 just had the plain jane vulcan vin u designation. No flexes or tecs were offered. Last year for tecs was the 05 model year.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Don't waste your time with a Chilton or Haines manual. Search ebay or amazon and get the Ford Shop manual and wiring diagram bundle. 2006s and 2007s are identical and the '06 manual will work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts