Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend just bought a 2008 eddie bauer taurus x with keypad on door key code location no code card in owners maual want to reprogram personal code in keypad

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (seandrisc @ Apr 11 2009, 07:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=717021
my friend just bought a 2008 eddie bauer taurus x with keypad on door key code location no code card in owners maual want to reprogram personal code in keypad[/b]
I have the same vehicle. I looked under the steering wheel behind the black fuse box. Nope. I looked inside the driver door. Nope. If you find it, let me know. The ford garage will read it out for you for a fee. (About $40 at my local ford dealer). I will probably resort to that. I don't know where else to look. I have heard that the code might not be written inside this vehicle. -speakrino

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Your key pad will be printed on the SJB (in-car fuse panel) label, which I'm pretty sure would have to be removed to read it. They should have given him a card with the code on it though. He can go to the dealer and have the code retrieved at no cost with the scan tool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the car from a non affiliated lot. I got a good deal… only 15k miles. It came with no owner’s manual and no keypad code card. I knew this before I bought and it was priced in. As I said in a previous post I looked behind that fuse box under the steering wheel. The box comes off without removing screws. You just slide it about a ¼ inch and it comes off the mount. There is enough wire length to let you look behind. There is a white paper label with a barcode on it and some numbers. None of the numbers represented a 5 digit code. They are alphanumeric. I looked very closely and even played around with some of the numbers on the keypad but no luck. A guy at the ford garage said the code is not stamped in the vehicle. I don’t know if he was blowing smoke or not. The garage charges $40 to retrieve them.
Does anybody know if an Actron scan tool will retrieve the code? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
I find it very hard to believe that ford stopped stamping the Keypad code on the GEM. The Taurus X is Built on the D3 Platform. Same platform as the Five Hundred and Gen V taurii. It should be there. Does any of the other members have a Taurus X from '08 that they can reference for us? It's doubtful that Ford would move it to a new location. Having it behind the fuse panel makes sense. It's quite possible that the previous owner pulled the sticker already. If so then you might not have any other choice but to go to a stealership. IF they are only going to charge $40 to pull the code for you. TAKE IT. THat's a 1/2 hour labor. Most never charge less than one hour.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My mother owns a TX. When she gets home, I'll have to give her a visit to see what I can find for ya. Or if you post the V.I.N., I'll get you the code at work monday. I have full access to all the service center computers at the dealership. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Dang...on the 07 and older Tauruses you could locate it on your own, and it even told you where to look in the owners manual.

In the 08 owner's manual:
"this code is located on the owner’s
wallet card in the glove box and is
available from your authorized
dealer"

I guess option 2 is the only way to snag it.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
:ph34r: Conspiracy! "They" [insert any secret society or Gov't. faction here] want us to go to the dealership for every little thing, so that the black helicopters can start landing on our driveways while nobody's around.

I know, that was random.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts