Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were coming home from my company Christmas Function.

Prime rib at a nice restuarant then bowling. That is a different story.

Anyway we get to Bixby which is a bedroom community of Tulsa.

Traffic was light because it is sleeting. We were traveling on a four lane non divided road.

I was directly behind a Bixby Police car and there was a Suburban directly in front of him.

I changed to the outside lane and was about in the middle of the cop and the suburban.

The traffic light ahead of us was just as RED as they make them.

For some reason instead of slowing down the suburban tapped his brakes then accelerated right thru the light.

I sat there in amazement as the cop flipped his lights on.
Instead of pulling over the guy made a left turn in the McDonalds.

My wife and I just started laughing like crazy.

The light turned green and we proceeded

A mile down the road a pickup that was traveling in front of us just whipped a U turn at about 45 miles per hour.

He damn near lost control of his vehicle but he completed the u turn.

The only problem was an oncoming car that was another Bixby police officer had to slam on his brakes to keep from hitting him.

At this point my jaw dropped again.

The lights came on and I saw him pull over in my rear view mirror.

It was only about 11:45 PM so the bars hadn't closed yet so I don't know what those idiots were doing.

Mike
:dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
just bad drivers maybe?

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
don't you think that cop not pulling over the red light driver is like not eating
that last piece of cake. i mean sure we stand in front of it and look and think
no i really don't want to, no stop, oh **** **** it i'm going to eat it. :lol2:

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
There are many people out there who cannot drive. A lady was killed about 5 minutes from my place by pulling a U-turn. The problem was she couldn't have check her blind spot or mirrors, because she turned right in front of a loaded transport. The truck tried to swerve (you can see the dually marks going accross the road). He plowed into the lady in the lumina and drove her into the guardrail. She died instantly.

And as for stupid stunts that I've personally seen, the other night I was out on the highway with a friend who had to exchange vehicles for work. On the way home the roads were quite slippery as it was snowing for an hour or so. As we were climbing a long hill, someone pulled out in front of us. We managed to get slowed, but trying to get back to speed was a problem. The rear end of the truck kept loosing traction. The guy that was behind us didn't give any room. He rode our bumper till 5 minutes later, he decided to pass us, and the car in front of us on another hill.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Note to self - stay away from Bixby, OK.

I was appalled at the lack of driving skills on my trip to OKC earlier this year. Normally I'm mild mannered, passive aggressive. But after being repeatedly cut off, never getting a turn signal from other drivers, and watching as parts literally fell off cars as they traveled down the road, I'd had enough. Maybe I just wasn't liked for my Texas plates, or because I was in a low loud and fast green Contour.... but the rest of my weekend in OKC, I drove around like a complete jerk. It was an effective method for getting where I needed to go, avoiding idiots, and getting around those that cut me off.

However, once out of OKC, I really enjoyed traveling through the state. Beautiful country and very nice roads. Better than most of Texas, and forget Lousiana.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Watch it now, i'm married to one of those!!!!

And I LOVE oklahoma, after visiting her hometown, Marlow, our around Lawton and Duncan outside OKC, we've already decided we're moving down there when things get stable.

But yes, i HATE okc drivers. And what's worse, everytime we drive through there, it seems i have some sort of traffic 'run-in' (i.e. Oops, this guy cuts across 4 lanes of traffic with no lights on and no blinker type thing) with a driver from Johnson County here in Kansas City..... Johnson County KS drivers are the epitomy (up here at least) of retarded, hog-the-road, drive like i own you all, drivers.
Ugh.

But yeah, its nasty weather up here too, and i SWEAR, the worse the weather gets, the worse people drive. Its like, everytime it snows or gets slick around here, people act as though they've never seen snow before. It sucks.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Okies :rolleyes2:

:lol2:

[/b]
Oklahoma truck drivers are THE WORST.
Even though Bixby cops can be nasty, glad they got those d.a.'s before they hurt someone.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
It was only about 11:45 PM so the bars hadn't closed yet so I don't know what those idiots were doing.

Mike
:dunno:
[/b]
only thing i can think of is either they cant drive or they went to christmas parties too and got drunk there.

as for bad drivers, dont get me started. i used to live in brooklyn, ny which is the united nations of the world. any nationality you can think of lived on my block and none of them can drive. i dont know if its because they just started driving yesterday or just dont care but they suck. a lot of people have lexus' and benzes and all other kinds of cars all over the place. the kids are the worst. i think that when people learn to drive on these newer cars they dont get very good at driving since the car does most of the work for you. everyone should learn on some hoopdy with 200,000 where if you learn to whip that around like a sports car, you can drive lol.

i also noticed that many people around here dont know how to drive since many people work in manhattan and take public transportation to work and back and just dont drive enough. friday night is madness, and im not talkin about after the bars get out. 8pm the streets and highways are flooded with people in a rush to get somewhere driving like lunatics. i think its a combo of being in a rush and not driving enough so theyre not good at it. i also think since they dont drive often a lot of these people get excited and drive super fast and crazy, it becomes like a treat for them to get behind the wheel so they go nuts. add to that the overall rudeness and self centeredness of new yorkers to begin with and its chaos on the roads. if im in the mood for it though, it is kinda fun.

sorry to thread hijack, its just that bad drivers get me angry.

as for snow, same thing these people get so scared at the sight of snow and do 5 mph on the highway or drive thier suvs 80 mph thinking theyre invincible. hopefully they just fly off the road and learn thier lesson rather than taking me with them.

as for the cops not getting the guy in the surburban, im think either its laziness orjust the fact that he did something that while techically illegal isnt really that big of a deal. maybe he was just lucky it wasnt the end of the month. putting on the lights to cut across a lane and go into micky d's is something that annoys me. the cops where i live now do that **** all the time and it pisses me off. my favorite is when they put on the lights just so they can go through a red, its like listen buddy you get paid by the hour im sure you can wait at a light like the rest of us.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was the Tx Plates Luke

We have a saying in Oklahoma.

The best thing that every came out of Tx is I-35

MIke
:D

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts

MIke
[/b]

Yeah, I figgered as much from you.

After I started driving aggressively, I actually had a better time. I made the mistake of wandering into a really bad part of town and went through a drive through Taco Hell. A crackhead hit me up for my change.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

MIke
[/b]

Yeah, I figgered as much from you.

After I started driving aggressively, I actually had a better time. I made the mistake of wandering into a really bad part of town and went through a drive through Taco Hell. A crackhead hit me up for my change.
[/b][/quote]
thats what happens everytime i go to a white castle. always a bum that wants change for coffee. bums always want coffee, i dont get it. are they always cramming for the bar exam or something?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts