Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting's all,

I have added yet another heat topic to the board. I purchased a 'new' 02' Taurus (84Kmiles) and now that winter is here i noticed it has little to no heat even with the car warmed up. It isnt a huge deal since i live in south Texas but would like to fix it since I have a 3yr old and a newborn in the car sometimes and I don't want to freeze them out.

If i change the manual air temp controller from cool to hot there is a slight temperature change in the air so i assume the flap is ok. Is the next logical step to the above problem the Clinton Heater Flush?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The flush went beautifully with a little rigging on my part. According to my IR thermometer: before flush 100F coming from the vents; after the flush, i peaked at 170F.

So your saying to make the pinch permanent? I did a temp pinch on it for the flush but opened it back up when i was done flushing.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hopefully for you 'Clinton Flush' will last more then a month. Otherwise, man up and do heater core replacement. But be careful around pivot shafts behind blender door. They're very fragile! Ask me how I know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.