Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I stop my 2000 taurus se, there are noise in the engine trunk. Not very loud, but I can here them everytime. Is it a trouble? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
if you are talking about after you shut car off and get out and it kinda ticks then that is normal most every car does it. if i remember right i think someone told me it was just the metal cooling down

·
Registered
66 Posts
if you are talking about after you shut car off and get out and it kinda ticks then that is normal most every car does it. if i remember right i think someone told me it was just the metal cooling down
[/b]
Yes that ticking would be your Cats cooling down. And Engine Trunk you mean Engine Bay?

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
[/b]

you got it. every vehicle does this, nothing to be concerned about.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
What you have to understand is, when metal heats up, it expands, and when it cools down, it will start to contract fairly rapidly. So naturally, it'll make that ticking/crackling noise when this happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. It is my first car, and I just bought it 10 days ago. The noise is higher today, maybe the temperature is high too, and I smell some smokelikely near the bay(should it be named bay which the engine is in) too. Is it all right?

I think here is a very good place for me to be familiar with my taurus.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
If the oil was changed recently, sometimes the dripping oil on the engine burns off.
That could be your smell. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts