Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody use "Liquid Glass" for a paint protectant?

I understand that Liquid Glass works best for new paint and helps protect it better than most other paint protectants on the consumer market.

I haven't taken my new 2015 Taurus through a "spinny-brush" car wash yet to avoid swirl marks in the paint until it gets warm enough in the Northeast to actually wash my car by hand and put on an initial coat (or two) of Liquid Glass. In the meantime, I'm using touchless car washes to keep the road salt build-up to a minimum.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
A lot of us use higher line protectants, like Adam's Polishes, or the kind of detailing supplies at AutoGeek. It best advice I can give you is stay away from any car wash that touches your car, it will scratch the paint. Also, if you are washing by hand you should always use the two bucket method. One bucket with car wash shampoo and a clean water rinse bucket. After each pass on the car the wash mitt should be put into the rinse bucket to remove any dirt picked up to prevent causing scratches or swirls on the car. Once the care is washed, it takes several steps to protect the finish. First you should clay bar the car, than do a paint correction to remove fine scratches and swirls, than use a paint cleaner, paint sealant, polish, and finally wax. It takes a day or two to do it completely and it is a lot of work, but the finished product will look great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its a paint sealant right? Its surely pretty similar with optimum opticoat, but I'm no sure how long the protection last.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a paint sealant right? Its surely pretty similar with optimum opticoat, but I'm no sure how long the protection last.
Yes. I used it on the fairing of my motorcycle once and it really made the painted surface glossy, smooth, and moisture repellant.

It applies like a liquid wax, but actually works better when applied and left to dry IN direct sunlight before buffing it away when it turns hazy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts