Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a fun link full of 2008 specifications. Plus a theoretical top speed estimate of 152 mph!
Taurus Specs

I'll let you know how close I can get to this in a few years. Technical top speed limit for the 115 mph class is 140 at Big Bend and I think that I can meet the safety requirements for that class.

David

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is showing the 0-140 time as under one minute! Same or better quarter than later 6th Generation because it is 250 pounds lighter. With KYB struts, Michelin Pilot Sport Tires, ceramic brakes, cryo rotors and a built 6F50, it will be quite a sedan! What a sleeper!

·
Registered
181 Posts
My 2008 is a dog. Makes a lot of noise but doesn't go anywhere.:( Pretty sure my big heavy 2011 Edge would give my Taurus a whoopin.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it is transmission, I have a perfect 90000 mile 6F50 that will only get me a core value of $530 ($700 - $170 shipping) you can have. I am in the Dallas area. I am replacing it with a built 6F50. My Taurus still gets 28-30 mpg highway and shifting is smooth as silk. I just don't want to put any track miles on a stock transmission.
David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts