Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a cassette radio today to replace my 02 non-cassette Taurus radio. Everything works fine and all the plugs matched perfect (the cassette was from an 01 Taurus). When turning on the lights, the dash and climate controls all light at the same time but the radio controls light about 2 seconds later. Not a big deal, but does anyone know why? I just don't want it to be an indication of something going wrong later and then it might be too late to exchange the radio.

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
cassettes.....what are cassettes??? :huh: (k i hope u know im kidding)

·
Premium Member
7,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't make fun now! I got it for the CD button that's not on the stock radio.

·
Premium Member
7,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really guys and gals, Does ANYONE know why there ia a lighting delay??????

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
My cd player does that as well. Its like the whole radio is on a delay. I can MAKE it happen if I turn the key very slowly when I start it... as if its being reset. In fact, if I do that and the radio 'delays' and I'm listening to a CD, when I eject that CD, it goes back to a weird AM station. If I were to listen to AM, I listen to 1020AM (KDKA here in Pittsburgh) but it pulls up like 790. And I usually listen to FM if anything.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225@Oct 23 2004, 06:57 PM
Mine does that once in a while.... :unsure:
Mine too!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can only get the radio lights to work on my car when the parking lights or headlights are on. I have a 99 Ford Taurus. Any way I can fix this so I can see the time and radio station during the day. My wife already killed the battery because she forgot to shut the lights off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts