Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me were I can find stuff like headlight strobes and under body lights and neons for my car in a store on shelfs(not special ordered). I am looking for a store around Cedar Falls, IA, Eau Claire WI, Rochester, MN, Minneapolis/St.Paul, MN, or anywhere in between these cities or in the suberbs of these cities!
Thanks
Your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
790 Posts
you got O'Reilly's..... Autozone..... and/or Advance Auto Parts around there?

All of em have light kits, strobes, neon strings, light up shift knobs and tons of light up **** :D ... I prefer Advance, pretty good product, fair price, but O'Reilly's is a lil better product for a lil more price, Autozone... well.. i don't really know... but i bought an antenna from em once and it worked well.... :lol2:

but really, any parts place ought to have some on shelf and some they can order for a fair price, not specialty order... NAPA, PepBoys, etc...

·
Registered
235 Posts
You can even go to Walmart. I am not sure about underbody lights but I know the ones here sell interior lighting. I have a Super Walmart so I am not sure if the regular Walmarts sell the stuff or not. I agree however with the Advance or O'Reilly's post. I think they are the best and I lean towards Advance myself.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, heres the scoop and why I posted this. I checked all local walmarts, autozones, pepboys, napa, car quest and none of them carry them without special order. I want someplace I can shop around and find something I want and since the stores above are all I got in a 45 mile radius I though I would ask around to see if people could tell me places, like specific stores in specific towns, so I could drive a little farther to cheack it out without wasting time and being disapointed! I figured all the stored you guys mentioned would have them but I guess I was wrong! They don't around me atleast. Its not as populare here but I figured some big metropolitain areasshould have something and the people living there might be able to tell me where to go!

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
y dont you just special order it at the store? its the same price, just takes 2 days or something, definatly better than driving 30miles away

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to actually see what I am geting. You can tell out of a catalog! Since I drive threw the towns I mentioned frequently, probally every couple weeks, I thought if someone knew on a place that had them I could check it out because I would like to see it before I buy it!

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
try an electronics store. the ones that actually sell stuff like transistors, resistors, etc. I got my sub for 69.00 at one place here in houston an i've also bought neon tubes an stuff, places like that can even sometimes make special colors of neon.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Cedar Falls is quite a ways away from the other places you listed. Where do you live and why do you drive that far frequently?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I know that the Advance Auto Parts stores in Waterloo and Cedar Falls carry underbodys, strobes, etc. The Wal-Marts around here don't carry anything like what you're looking for, so don't bother with them. Also, the NAPA stores don't seem to market much to the younger drivers that want to customize their cars, so they wouldn't have anything on hand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts