Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have not been able to use my liftgate release switch (the one by the fuel door release) for several years. I didn't own it when it stopped working so I don't know what could have caused it.

I replaced the switch with a known good one and it didn't fix it. I recently busted out the Ford service manual and found out that circuit 463 (R/W) is not giving me any voltage. It says to "service for open" the affected circuit.

Does anybody have any clue as to how to trace that wire short of disassembling every harness in the left side of the car? Or is there a better way to fix this that I am not thinking of?

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
:bump: I know we have some smart people on here. How would you guys recommend figuring out my open circuit problem?
Run a fresh power wire to it. Although if it's open, it's very likely to be near the connections at the pins that go into the plug.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Run a fresh power wire to it. Although if it's open, it's very likely to be near the connections at the pins that go into the plug.
Thanks Mike,

That's true. I should probably just run another wire from the appropriate fuse since the 463 (R/W) circuit only provides power when you are in park or neutral. (I already can't fit the cover back on my fuse box, so what's one more wire?)

Now I can release the hatch while I'm driving down the road! :lol2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts