Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided NOT to go with the standard NJ issue plates when i register my 92 sable, i am instead going with the 20 dollar (one time fee) issue of the agriculture plates. anybody else in NJ using those on their bull?

If only i could afford the vanity of SABLE for the car

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
They should have one with flowers on it, since NJ is the garden state, this is what I think of NJ-large expensive cookie cutter houses with massive flower gardens, and suburban housewives having garden parties during the weekdays.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
They should have one with flowers on it, since NJ is the garden state, this is what I think of NJ-large expensive cookie cutter houses with massive flower gardens, and suburban housewives having garden parties during the weekdays.
Holy crap Dude! You need to get out of Texas once in a while!

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
yup, custom cycle plate.

standard vehicle plates are like this
Just a quick question, would those be the same plates you can get on a pickup truck in Texas? In Ontario, we have different coloured plates for trucks.

How's the cold weather up there? I heard you guys got a cold spell :lol2:

Side note: I like Texas plates the most, compared to other states. Nice design.

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Our new plates have 7 digits, since they ran out of combinations of 6 digit numbers/letters, too many vehicles in tx. I just got my 7 digit plates on the new car.
I think we've had 7 digit plates in Ontario since forever, I've never really thought about it much though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
growing up it was the old blue/off white number plates with the combo ###-AAA, then before i was born it went to AAA-##A, then it went to AAA#### in 93 when they switched to the current style. Then in 94 everybody said, we hate that jumble and they went to the AA-###A, 99 we went back to AAA-##A, 2010 we swapped to ##A-AAA.
whats sad, the 1993+ plate looks like the pre 1979 plate, except reflective with a gradient.

1979-1992 (with a combo variation later on, and what my sable would have worn back when it was new)

1993-1993

94-99

99-2009

2010+

Yeah my state has to have one of the more boring "modern" era plates. Delaware does not count due to it being a older one to begin with, but when a state changes its plates just by dropping the rarely touched sticker boxes (2000-2005 we had them) it gets stupid.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
yeah, same plates for p/u's they just say TEXAS TRUCK

then this one

there are a few different style standard plates you can get, those are just a couple.

here's an old one, i liked this one best, it's what I grew up with

the way these worked ...you'd keep your actual plate for @ 7 years, but each year you'd re-register and they would give you 2 new little stickers to put on. they were also stamped plates where the second ones are painted.

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Well, Ontario is huge, and has some very large cities, I would think there would not be enough combinations for 6 digits. I think Arizona and Wyoming have some pretty looking plates.
Interestingly, Ontario has a population of 13,210,667, while Texas has a population of 25,145,561.

The yellow colour of the NJ plates is a little off putting for me, not my most liked plate.

Ontario's basic plate is pretty boring, it's stamped, reflective light blue and white with a little crown in the middle. Here's a list of our custom plates, there's quite a few to choose from: Graphic Licence Plate Choices - Ontario.ca

In Ontario, you buy a registration sticker yearly for the plate, usually around the owners birthday. You have to pay for it. You need to prove that you have insurance and a valid emissions test. So if your car fails its emissions test, no new sticker and then you get pulled over and fined. It's a crime to steal the stickers off another plate. It's about $80 for a car. They won't give it out if you have fines and I think they even refuse to give it out if you aren't paying your child support.

Our truck plates have black text and a white background. Farmers get a plate that says Farm down the side of it, you get it if you qualify as agricultural and they wave the emissions test and such.

Back in the day, you had a year stamped right on the plate and you had to buy a new set once they expired. They sucked.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Delaware

And Now.

Delaware only issues numbers, and SUVS/Station Wagons get a special plate.

You get a PC Plate, Pleasure/Commercial.

Numbers are randomly assigned, and can be reassigned so if your dad had plate 99554 and he turned it in, eventually someone can get the same #

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I miss Lady Liberty ;

Our new plates suck....
Yea... NY new plates look like the color of urine now. Even the prior plate was better. That statue of liberty was great looking. Especially the one from Seinfeld "ASSMAN" :lol:

Any good specialty plate alternatives?

Here's the current standard issue SC plate:

The prior one lasted from 99 until 2008...and the late issue ones of those went to the digital/flat junk ones. I liked the old stamped plates. The plates from the 80s and 90s were better.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.