Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Dear APC,

I know you guys have been around for awhile and have a good knowledge of the aftermarket world. But there seems to be a vast overlooking of 96-99 Ford Taurus'. Not only are these cars powerful (i.e. Taurus SHO), but they were the best selling car in the country, and you can't go a day driving your car and not see one Gen 3 taurus. If you check the forums @ www.TaurusCarClub.com you will see about a hundreds of owners who are looking and willing to buy aftermarket parts. The most basic of which is Altezzas/Euro Tails. APC has applications for practically ever car except the taurus. All we, the taurus community, are asking is for a little attention from the larger aftermarket companies. Do you guys honestly think that Altezzas/Euro tails for a Chevy Astro will bring in more money the one of the most seen cars on the road today? Please try to shed somelight on us. Thank You - Ford Taurus Community

So What do you guys think?

J

·
0 Posts
I think it will get somebody's attention... now the question is if they will do something about it..

B

·
0 Posts
Just an IMO, but I wouldn't put any APC stuff on my car. It's a ricer company, and should be left at that.

The reason for the Astro van tails is that they are very popular amongst customizers right now. Stupid? Yup. Marketing demand? Check.

FWIW, there are fake Altezza's available for my 87 Suburban too. Talk about ridiculous.

·
Registered
161 Posts
We should start a petition.

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by My Car Has Peeling Paint@Dec 14 2003, 02:17 PM
We should start a petition.
If you guys really want them, yes. That's the best way to get a manufacturer to take notice.

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Just an idle comment, but it's not only how many of a model that's on the road, but how many would install the mods. Every day I certainly see a bazillion (well beyond plenty) gen 3 Tauri and Sable like mine, however, the faces I see behind the wheels are not the faces of people I see there are not those that I suspect to be installing mods

D

·
0 Posts
I would agree the way to go is a petition. You can use the letter you wrote or add additional things to it and post it as a petition here: Petition Online

I have a petition to aftermarket bodykit makers that I am collecting signatures for. You can read it (and sign??)here: Bodykit Petition

After you have had it a while to accumulate a nice amount of signatures then send an email with the info about apetition drive for items and give them the URL and let them see for themselves. Seeing as how its for Taurus, there are many sites that you can visit to inform them of the petition. I'm sure some of them might be interested as well, getting your sig #'s up for the company to see.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by sabledale@Dec 14 2003, 03:30 PM
I think you should try to petition for gen II also. Probally to late see preformance parts for those though.
I dunno, Bob said they have stuff for his '87 Suburban

·
Registered
57 Posts
Originally posted by SHOoff@Dec 15 2003, 12:29 AM
WTF! Only 108 signatures C'mon, how many members do we have again.
I just signed the thing and it said there were only three signitures. What's going on there. Anyway, I think there could be a chance they'd make them since they do now for the G4's. I don't really care for them a lot but I do think there would be enough bought that we might see some more products from other companies. I just wish there was something I could do with my wagon. The huge freak light bar on back is my least favorite part of the car. If I could figure out something to do with the reverse lights I'd either paint the thing black or to match the car.

D

·
0 Posts
I just signed the thing and it said there were only three signitures.[/b]
I think you were getting the petitions mixed up. The body kit petition had 108 sigs when I posted earlier in this thread. The other petition is new.

·
Registered
486 Posts
is there any way we can get the petition for the altezza lights in a thread like the one for the body kit? I mean like at the top of the page kind of thing.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Well, I'm #10.
Even if you don't have a genIII, or don't plan on buying any APC products, please just take 20 seconds and vote anyway. Help those members who want these taillights made.

Oh yeah--
and someone please get this petition pinned

1 - 20 of 58 Posts