Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys/girls seen the new LED tv's? They are amazing!! I saw one in best buy the other day and I fell in love. I walked up to what seemed like a pretty good looking Samsung tv that had great picture, then I walked by it and noticed that it was really thin. They say they are only 1.2" thick, thats pretty impressive. Not too bad of a price on it either since it is more environmentally friendly and 120Hz

Here is a link:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1218068137461

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Well it is a 55" tv. When My uncle bought his 42" awhile back he paid $2500. Now you can get em for what, like 1300 or better? As with any new electronics, always expensive till the competition starts rolling them out.

I'll have to check it out next time I'm near best buy.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Am I the only person left in the world who doesn't give a ###### how thick a TV is and was fine with CRT TV's?

Even the first LCD/LED/Whateverthinshit TV's came out they were like 7" thick, thats small as hell and I dont see why you would need it any thinner then that.

·
Registered
340 Posts
QUOTE (animex2 @ Apr 5 2009, 11:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715375
Am I the only person left in the world who doesn't give a ###### how thick a TV is and was fine with CRT TV's?

Even the first LCD/LED/Whateverthinshit TV's came out they were like 7" thick, thats small as hell and I dont see why you would need it any thinner then that.[/b]
I actually agree with you.

Nice, sure, but I would prefer to spend money in other ways.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
QUOTE (BetterDays @ Apr 5 2009, 10:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715377
QUOTE (animex2 @ Apr 5 2009, 11:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715375

Even the first LCD/LED/Whateverthinshit TV's came out they were like 7" thick, thats small as hell and I dont see why you would need it any thinner then that.[/b]
I actually agree with you.

Nice, sure, but I would prefer to spend money in other ways.
[/b][/quote]

Well, I think that LCD/plasmas are thin enough and that they don't really need to be thiner... But CRTs, yes, they were huge! It's soooo much easier to move a large TV if it's flat panel... I have a 32 inch LCD in my room and I can move it anywhere I want by myself... There is a 32 inch CRT in the living room, and you need 2 people to lift it and it's huge!

Flat panels also give you alot more room! I got my CRT off my dresser, put my LCD on the wall and now I have the entire top of my dresser to put my electronics on and such!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sure, but I don't watch enough TV to warrant buying one or five (to replace the TV's in the house)

I would probably purchase a smaller one for the bedroom first, since that is where I watch the most TV while falling asleep (a whole 20 minutes or so nightly)

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
All you naysayers, enjoy your XBox 360, PS3, and HD broadcasts on your CRT TV's.

I'll continue to enjoy the hell out of my LCD HDTV. :)

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
QUOTE (Racer X @ Apr 5 2009, 10:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715391
All you naysayers, enjoy your XBox 360, PS3, and HD broadcasts on your CRT TV's.

I'll continue to enjoy the hell out of my LCD HDTV. :)[/b]
:werd: but plasma here.

I have a surplus of room in my living room. The TV is on a full motion bracket (up, down, and side to side), the cable box, reciever, PS3 and power console are on 2 shelves on the wall as well. No TV stand to fight with or take up space. I might throw up a pic later.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
QUOTE (00tec-saTX @ Apr 5 2009, 12:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715393
QUOTE (Racer X @ Apr 5 2009, 10:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715391

I'll continue to enjoy the hell out of my LCD HDTV. :)[/b]
:werd: but plasma here.

I have a surplus of room in my living room. The TV is on a full motion bracket (up, down, and side to side), the cable box, reciever, PS3 and power console are on 2 shelves on the wall as well. No TV stand to fight with or take up space. I might throw up a pic later.
[/b][/quote]

LCD Projection HDTV here. I can't go back to SDTV :p

Once you watch stuff in High Definition, it leaves one speechless on how great the quality is. Blu-rays, Comcast HD, video games. They are amazing. Even better was the Discovery Channel HD Presentation of Planet Earth :wub:

Watch that on an SDTV, then go watch it on an HDTV, might not want to go back to the low quality CRT TV :p

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Not to mention that the power consumption of an LCD TV is substantially less than it's CRT counterpart.

Planet Earth in HD was the bomb.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
My CRT TV is HD =)))) I <3 Xbox 360 on it, it shows the color BLACK!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Someone talked about posting "their setup" so I thought I'd post mine! Oh, and yes, I WATCH CNN!!!

That's my bedroom BTW

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
My 52" LCD TV is 1.75" thick, and consumes the about same wattage as my old 27" CRT TV. I only have antenna TV, but watch videos (mostly MotoGP and WRC) on the LCD from the computer.... one drawback about the super thin TVs though... If you have mutiple connections, like HDMI from the computer, S-video, or RCA sound cables, it's virtually impossible with a wall mount. Newer flat screens will need small connectors or mount more of the ports on the outside edges.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
QUOTE (BetterDays @ Apr 5 2009, 04:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715440
They won't put them on the outside edges since people don't want to see wires.[/b]
I know, but what are ya gonna do? Gotta compromise somewhere. My LCD has this big panel for connections on the back, and several connectors on the side. I don't see any way of hiding all those cables. The screen might be 1-2" thick, but it's always gonna need to stand off from the wall, or have the mount recessed. I just leave mine of the stand. The wall mounts are overpriced anyway.

·
Registered
340 Posts
QUOTE (spridget @ Apr 5 2009, 05:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715442
They won't put them on the outside edges since people don't want to see wires.[/b]
I know, but what are ya gonna do? Gotta compromise somewhere. My LCD has this big panel for connections on the back, and several connectors on the side. I don't see any way of hiding all those cables. The screen might be 1-2" thick, but it's always gonna need to stand off from the wall, or have the mount recessed. I just leave mine of the stand. The wall mounts are overpriced anyway.
[/b][/quote]

Re-engineer the adapters.

It's what the public wants and they are willing to pay more money for that option.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
QUOTE (spridget @ Apr 5 2009, 04:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715442
[/b][/quote]

My girlfriends stepdad drilled holes in the wall just to run the HDMI cable, power cable and composite video cables. One hole behind the TV near the mount ,and another down on the ground behind the cabnet where everything is sitting.

I don't care about cables to be honest, if its functional im not drilling holes in my house to hide a cable, if u dont like seeing the cable then get the hell out.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
QUOTE (BetterDays @ Apr 5 2009, 04:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715445
Re-engineer the adapters.

It's what the public wants and they are willing to pay more money for that option.[/b]
agreed, I'm sure it will happen sooner than later, but currently, since flat screens are still fairly new to the market and are not yet commonplace in the home, they need to be backward compatible.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts