Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking at making a set of led tail lights for my gen3 just light the gen2 i'm just wondering how bright of leds i should get to use on there i don't know how bright i would need to get them to be able to see them during the day. i know that in wiki about the turn signal in the mirrors he used 10000mcd leds but i'm looking at getting some 5500mcd ones with a 30 deg viewing angle but i don't know if that would be bight enough and i don't want to go to bright either. if any one can help please. and i know i'm going to have to use the white leds and not the red cause they wont show through the lens that well

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Red will shine through red lenses better than white.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
im not sure, just find out whatever website sells them and read about them or send an email to one of the people from that site.

I dont know what site they sell them on but im sure if you search you'll be able to find them

·
Registered
47 Posts
i'm looking at making a set of led tail lights for my gen3 just light the gen2 i'm just wondering how bright of leds i should get to use on there i don't know how bright i would need to get them to be able to see them during the day. i know that in wiki about the turn signal in the mirrors he used 10000mcd leds but i'm looking at getting some 5500mcd ones with a 30 deg viewing angle but i don't know if that would be bight enough and i don't want to go to bright either. if any one can help please. and i know i'm going to have to use the white leds and not the red cause they wont show through the lens that well
[/b]

well i hope you do figure it out cause im also looking for a way to get leds for the gen3 but want to make them as the gen 2 led that they have aftermarket

when you finish probably can sell your product i would buy one for my car :x:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

well i hope you do figure it out cause im also looking for a way to get leds for the gen3 but want to make them as the gen 2 led that they have aftermarket

when you finish probably can sell your product i would buy one for my car :x:
[/b][/quote]
how much would you be willing to pay for them? :p

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
5500 mcd is fine, the brighter a led is, the narrower the beam usually is.
so you have to find a middle ground for the right viewing angle with brightness.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts