Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I know some of you have worked with LED's. I am working with some at the moment and I am a little confused.

The LED's I have are 2000-4000MCD (thats what it says on the web site.) What kind of resistor would I need for this? Or would any resistor work? And do I need one resistor PER led? Or like 3-resistor-3-resistor-etc???

I'm really confused. Please help!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Originally posted by kjw86ca@Feb 19 2004, 10:43 PM
Hello,

I know some of you have worked with LED's. I am working with some at the moment and I am a little confused.

The LED's I have are 2000-4000MCD (thats what it says on the web site.) What kind of resistor would I need for this? Or would any resistor work? And do I need one resistor PER led? Or like 3-resistor-3-resistor-etc???

I'm really confused. Please help!
Depends on the volatge of the LEDs. Got a link?

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
pm mibiologic hes good at those things.. and building lasers.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
This link will solve all your quistions. Probably the best how-to page on the net for LEDs. If you think of them in terms of speakers and ohms, it makes a lot of sence. From what I understand, you can change the voltage slightly to increase or decrease light output. You can even go above the maxium voltage for each LED, if it is no continuos. Do alot of reading and you will learn. I still have a lot to read about before attempting putting these on my car.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol.....what link??? You said it would solve all my problems, but I don't see a link???

-kyle

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
How to LEDs

I gotta stop posting so late at night I guess. Sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts