Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so i'm trying to get some LED light bulbs like to make them shine on my license plate if you know what i'm talking about. But i have no idea what bulbs to get. I own 2002 Ford Taurus. If you can please give me links to the bulbs that would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, but just to make sure. They fit 2002 Ford Taurus? and i m going to need 2 correct?

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Ive had very bad luck with license platr leds burning out even good quality ones, so i took the spear off removed the bulbs holders then put the spear back on and mounted a 12" led strip to the underside of it, it looks great about 8000k in color and its 100x brighter than two 194 leds

·
Registered
367 Posts
LOL. Super bright leds have the shittiest leds. Every single bulb i've gotten from will last few months then start flickering, from festoon bulbs all the way to 194 bulbs, EVERY single one, no joke. Switched over to v-leds and they have been running since last summer. I'll never buy from superbrightleds ever again, period.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Running Putco Nova LED bulbs in my license plate lights, very nice, lights up the plate extremely well. In fact it spreads light half way down the rear bumper too. Going on close to a year with them installed and still going strong.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Running Putco Nova LED bulbs in my license plate lights, very nice, lights up the plate extremely well. In fact it spreads light half way down the rear bumper too. Going on close to a year with them installed and still going strong.

You think you can give me a direct link to where i can buy them? That would help, cuz like i said,i have no idea what bulbs to get.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive had very bad luck with license platr leds burning out even good quality ones, so i took the spear off removed the bulbs holders then put the spear back on and mounted a 12" led strip to the underside of it, it looks great about 8000k in color and its 100x brighter than two 194 leds
How would u take the spear off? And im jw, where do u plug in the 12" LED strip? like where do u connect it to?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
not sure about the spear i have a gen 4.5 sable so mine is different, mine has 3 bolts i believe and has these weird pins holding in the 194 bulb holders, they have to be squeezed and then pulled out.

i think ive used maybe 6 different kinds of white 194 leds and EVERY single one from ebay,v-leds,superbrightled,oznium,streetglow ALL flicker after a few months, and im talking over the last 3 cars ive had. i just gave up on them, clipped the wires to both the 194 sockets and just wired one of the strips to that and taped off the other, its waaay brighter than 194's ill take some pics tommorrow assuming i can beat this damn cold everyone's got.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not sure about the spear i have a gen 4.5 sable so mine is different, mine has 3 bolts i believe and has these weird pins holding in the 194 bulb holders, they have to be squeezed and then pulled out.

i think ive used maybe 6 different kinds of white 194 leds and EVERY single one from ebay,v-leds,superbrightled,oznium,streetglow ALL flicker after a few months, and im talking over the last 3 cars ive had. i just gave up on them, clipped the wires to both the 194 sockets and just wired one of the strips to that and taped off the other, its waaay brighter than 194's ill take some pics tommorrow assuming i can beat this damn cold everyone's got.
yeah pictures would be a good help,i just wana see how you got it hooked up. Where did u get ur strip from? Link maybe? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
just go to autoone and they have them there, its the audi style white led strips, them where you would plug the 194 led into in the socket, i took it out and cut the 2 wires from it, power and ground, then just butt connected them to the strip. Easy!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just go to autoone and they have them there, its the audi style white led strips, them where you would plug the 194 led into in the socket, i took it out and cut the 2 wires from it, power and ground, then just butt connected them to the strip. Easy!!
yeah sounds easy but if u can, post pics tommorow, it would help. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
also is this ur video? I found it while ago on youtube but jw, cuz that exhaust on that taurus sounds nasty!

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
no i just reposted it, its marks car, FFVulcanpowah on here, im not sure if he posts anymore, he has a different exhaust now. that exhaust killed gardens everywhere (no cats)

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i dont think you can beat $1.49

24 LED WHITE CAR LIGHT FLEXIBLE STRIP WATERPROOF J07 - eBay (item 320615570855 end time Mar-09-11 23:03:40 PST)

you would have to work up a way to either stick it with apoxy or zipties or something i use a different style but these are perfect

these are like the ones i use:

2 x 4? 6 White LED Strip Door Trim Interior Light B PCB - eBay (item 180633031021 end time Mar-02-11 22:41:00 PST)

yeah i like the 2nd link ones, they are more pricey but more cheap then ones i posted. But like would i use both of them or just one strip and put another one somewhere else or save it?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts