Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got pulled over for this stupid light (well lack thereof) which at the time I considered a blessing because I had no clue it wasn't working. The cop gave me a warning so I figured hey, I'm glad someone told me now lets get it taken care of. HA!!! Little did my ignorant a×× know this would cost me over a HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!!!

I've owned the car for a little over a month and replaced sensors, relays, radio, at least 80% of the steering/suspension, ac compressor, injectors, and complete fluid change. I'm still working on some wicked electrical drama, a leaky driver door, a mysterious oil leak etc... And now this bs hella expensive brake light.

I think I've had enough. I love my bish but she's about to drive me to jacking off lol!! I didn't want help with anything just wanted to vent about it. I know just about everyone here has been there. Just read, shake your head and laugh at me, and reminisce the time when you about washed your hands lol.

Have a blessed one.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,998 Posts
It should be like $10 at a junkyard. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s just a bad solder joint or wiring issue - or even a fuse.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the salvage yard is my plan of action. I'm not sure about the wiring but the fuse is good.

Jag1959 here are just a few examples of what I was whining about...

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
The OEM parts industry is such a rip off. Before my dad started his own business, he worked at a parts distributor that serviced bodyshops and the like. I got to see their price lists once in a while, and was always appalled. Some fender that cost them literally $20, was sold between $150 to $200, depending whether it was wholesale, insurance, or retail. So between that and my experience in manufacturing, I already know that $100 taillight does not cost them more than $15 a unit to produce, probably less. A few LED's at pennies apiece, a sliver of circuit board, and some injection molded plastic.

It'll really make you appreciate places like Pull-a-part. I can't even guess how much money they've saved me over the years.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The OEM parts industry is such a rip off. Before my dad started his own business, he worked at a parts distributor that serviced bodyshops and the like. I got to see their price lists once in a while, and was always appalled. Some fender that cost them literally $20, was sold between $150 to $200, depending whether it was wholesale, insurance, or retail. So between that and my experience in manufacturing, I already know that $100 taillight does not cost them more than $15 a unit to produce, probably less. A few LED's at pennies apiece, a sliver of circuit board, and some injection molded plastic.

It'll really make you appreciate places like Pull-a-part. I can't even guess how much money they've saved me over the years.

Yes indeed Jason!! Pull apart has definitely saved my sanity!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just recently posted something about the TBL. I bought one from a junk yard and it turned out to be toasted aswell. I’m currently waiting for a $10 flexible led strip from amazon, because I’m just going to make one my self 😂 I planned on documenting the whole process aswell so I can post it on here. (Incase anyone is interested)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts