Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Leaving aside the legalities, the LED lights usually end up generating a LOT of heat at the base and you'll have to cut up the rubber caps on the assembly in order to make any installation work, and I'm not sure how this would go while still keeping out the moisture the cap was designed to prevent in the first place.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leaving aside the legalities, the LED lights usually end up generating a LOT of heat at the base and you'll have to cut up the rubber caps on the assembly in order to make any installation work, and I'm not sure how this would go while still keeping out the moisture the cap was designed to prevent in the first place.
Ended up going with the leds. They work great! I'm going on 3 weeks so far, no issues as of yet. I'll post any updates.

· Registered
50 Posts
I thought about doing this with my 93 GL Wagon but, it only has a single beam reflector instead of separate high/low beams or projectors. Half the LED lights and scatters the light. I ended up going with nice ultra white halogens instead.

· Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Oh, that brightness is great! But I'd hate to be the car ahead of you... I'm not trying to trash it, but the reality is that light seems to be spraying all over the place.

(Ford still should have gotten it right the first time...)

· Registered
879 Posts
Was just looking for something better than stock, but reasonable cost... paid $78
I think they work great and nice looking. Wasn't really worried about the cutoff
The cutoff should be your biggest concern. If an oncoming driver is blinded by you and drifts over the center lane, due to the fact that you have dangerous aftermarket equipment you could get sued pretty seriously.

Reactions: thefranchise713

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Was just looking for something better than stock, but reasonable cost... paid $78
I think they work great and nice looking. Wasn't really worried about the cutoff
The cutoff should be your biggest concern. If an oncoming driver is blinded by you and drifts over the center lane, due to the fact that you have dangerous aftermarket equipment you could get sued pretty seriously.
Thanks for your concern, they aren't blinding like you are thinking... I had my wife drive behind me as well as toward me while I was in her car. They were fine.

· Registered
3 Posts
On my 2013 SHO i change my stock HIDS to LED. It was not easy. And I probably should've taken off my front bumper and remove the housing completely. I did not. I had to reuse some parts to keep it weatherproof. But if you would like to know how I did it or maybe what lights I chose, since D3S is are very hard to find, at least they were when I first started looking. Pm me and ill run down how I did it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts