Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Thanks for answering that one for me True. I could'nt find it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
According to what I've read, you need to take apart just about everything around the driver's side dash. Some people suggested you need to go back to the radio and air-conditioning and that's not true, but there is still a lot. As much as I don't like the green and red, rippin' and tearin' on a car I've only had for two months may be something I'll wait on until I see someone else's how-to. <_<

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by kodak_jack@Aug 6 2004, 06:27 AM
According to what I've read, you need to take apart just about everything around the driver's side dash. Some people suggested you need to go back to the radio and air-conditioning and that's not true, but there is still a lot. As much as I don't like the green and red, rippin' and tearin' on a car I've only had for two months may be something I'll wait on until I see someone else's how-to. <_<
Ripping into your car is half the fun!!! :banana:

·
Registered
517 Posts
i tried to do this once and was un able to get any were cause it looked like the radio held every thing in and i have the sel that has the all in one radio and ac so i did not go any farther

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Free BUMP for an awesome link and Hamal's funny-ass write-up.

- Step Fourteen.

Check out tha shortie that just walked by! :eek: Dayum!! :eek: :eek:
:lol:

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh yeah, Hamal, wanna post the link(s) to the exact bulbs you gotta get? I'm fionally doing this to the Vulcan over Christmas vacation. :liplick:

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bulbs ordered!! :thumb:

·
Registered
73 Posts
could anyone tell me what kind of bulb socket is located in the trunk and glovebox? i'd like to replace them with LED's during the holidays as a small project, but haven't had time to read up much about it.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by rvk2@Dec 12 2004, 11:47 AM
could anyone tell me what kind of bulb socket is located in the trunk and glovebox? i'd like to replace them with LED's during the holidays as a small project, but haven't had time to read up much about it.
Wedge socket at both locations. However, given their perpendicular orientation, don't expect very much light from the LED to illuminate the area.

In my glovebox, I use a superwhite 194 incandescent bulb, and in the trunk, an incandescent 921 superwhite bulb, with satisfactory results.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
RacerX since i just upgraded my speedo to the sho cluster i want my numbers to be blue I dont like the green look and I like the black look during the day if i get the blue bulbs are they better than the bright white one is which one would you recommend

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
If you want blue with blue needles, get the blue. If you want a lighter blue, with white needles, get the white.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by rvk2@Dec 12 2004, 11:47 AM
Kinda off topic but I wanted to comment on this. I think you would have better luck installing a neon tube in the roof of your trunk (not on the trunk lid). I would take the wiring for the tube and tap into the wires for the stock trunk light. On my Gen4 these are the wires located behind it:
Code:
Green     - Positive
Black/Red - Negative
If the neon tube you bought has a cigerette lighter plug, simply cut it off. 9 times out of 10, the wire with the white stripe is your negative/ground wire.

Derek

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Thanks RacerX that reasured me I like the blue Better the white is not my style

1 - 20 of 21 Posts